Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2004 - Page 46 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old July 1st, 2004, 06:10 PM   #676
Regular Crew

A.E. 6 & P. Pro with dual monitors

Hey,
I just got dual monitors, and I was wondering if after effects can be used with dual monitors, I have windows, and I cant seem to drag the windows onto the second screen.
Old July 1st, 2004, 10:18 PM   #677
Trustee

You need to make sure your program is not maximized. Then drag a corner and stretch it over both screens.
Old July 3rd, 2004, 03:07 AM   #678
Tourist

premier pro

When I capture the file is distorted, yet is pefect in media player, or pinnacle edition, if I export a avi from editiion it apears with same distortion, any clues
Old July 3rd, 2004, 08:12 PM   #679
Tourist

ma 100-premier pro adbe

can aneone help me iam recording (with xl1s )on st1,2 with ma 100 left and rigth chanel using two miks which i can hear on the head phones and later on yhe tape two however when i downlode to premier i cannot separate them or change the level ?what i wont is to have ability to separate my shot gun audiotech from lavalier on the groom...help
Old July 4th, 2004, 02:01 PM   #680
Wrangler

Paul,

Please provide us with more information. Its hard to tale what the distortion is with out a clear description, and technical specification.

Please tell us:

Your computer spec
Are you using any hardware assistants
What settings are you using
What the distortion looks like. If possible a short clip would help.

Are you using Premiere or Edition?

Thanks,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old July 4th, 2004, 06:02 PM   #681
Tourist

premier pro

Wxp pro pent 2.4 1 gig ram pinnacle dv500 , creative sound blaster live plat, What happens is if I export a file from pinnacle edition as a fused sequence then import it to premier pro the file is like looking at something under water , if I go to interpret file and make a change of any kind it will play pefectly in the preview window but not of time line, if I capture in premier pro the same issue. If I run the captured clip through pinnacle Trex to convert it to dv avi which it all ready is and import that file into premier its ok. I have installed premieer pro on another system I have which has premier 6.5 and the same thing happens. I,m thinking it may be a conflicted as the 2 systems have some of the same software but edition is only on one. I have removed some of the software I have not found it yet. Its hard to send you footage as Im in a regional area and only have dialup internet connection,Thanks Paul Pal (1.o67) not widescreen what else can I tell you.
Old July 5th, 2004, 11:01 AM   #682
Wrangler

Hi Lati,

Premiere Pro does not split the audio automatically. The only way that I can see how to do it is:

Pan the channel to the left duplicate the audio place in a second track and then pan it to the right. Change the levels where needed.

Hopefully that might work, if you recorded to the left and right channel of a stereo track.

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old July 5th, 2004, 11:27 AM   #683
Major Player

Audio Effect on Track, Not Clip

All,

I really want to add an audio effect to an entire audio track, not just to one clip at a time... is this possible? I want to do it for two reasons:

1. So that when I have many clips, such as from cut dialog, I can add an effect too all of it at once.

2. I have some quick cuts that I want to add a reverb to, and I want the reverb to last after the clip itself is gone.

Is this possible?

I know that I can drop the whole sequence on to a new timeline and add the effects there, but that works less well for me for a number of reasons....

Any input is appreciated, thanks.
Old July 6th, 2004, 12:08 AM   #684
Regular Crew

Jittery picture in Premiere 6.5 and other issues..help

I am using premiere 6.5 with XP pro

I am having some issues with still pictures when rendered to an avi or mpeg video, the pictures will "jitter". I am using the tool where you can enlarge the picture and pan across it. What am I doing wrong or is it one of the many bugs that Adobe has?

Also, I can't render in windows wmv...it's saying I don't have the right codec, where do I get this wmv codec?

My adobe 6.5 seems to lock up a lot also while making edits or while redering...I guess this has to do with many effects and resources it takes up?

I am using a pent 3.2 with over 2 gig of ram....so I think my system is sufficient to run the specail effects. I am also using (2)250 gb 7200 harddrives Both drives are set at optimum....help!
Old July 6th, 2004, 03:07 AM   #685
Wrangler

Hi Barry,

It is only possible to do what you are after with Premiere Pro. Are you using Premiere Pro?

If so Open the audio mixer
On the fader associated to the track you wish to add the sound effect, make sure the show/ hide effects triangle (far left handside, towards the top) is set to show. This will bring further options.
In the effects area select the drop down menu. In the menu select the effect you want.

Cheers,

Old July 6th, 2004, 04:55 AM   #686
RED Code Chef

It is not okay that Premiere locks up on your system. I would
seriously look into another NLE.

The jittering I think (if I remember correctly, it's been a while
since I used premiere) has something to do with a setting. There
was a setting to smooth out. Something like flicker reduction.
Either as an effect or as a switch/property on the clip (right-click).

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old July 6th, 2004, 05:10 AM   #687
Regular Crew

thanks for the reply Rob,

What would you recommend other than ADOBE. I have had nothing but issues with them on my PC.

Something PC based ot MAC?

What would be the most stablist program you used?
Old July 6th, 2004, 05:11 AM   #688
Wrangler

You will probably need to de-interlace or use fliker removal on the video clip with the motion, in order to reduce the flicker. To do this right click on the clip and choose video options and then select field options. A dialog box will appear either select de-interlace or flicker removal. Render and then play back. You might what to try both to see which one is best.

Premiere should not be locking you computer up freqently. Premiere has been known to be a bit buggy, but to me it sounds as though you have some sort of conflict or possibly if you have anti virus running in the backgound. In order to work this though we would need to know your full computer spec, hardware and software. Please also tell us what settings you are using, and how many video tracks/ effecst you are using. Are there any major errors in Event viewer, or conflicting hardware in device manager?

Thanks,

Old July 6th, 2004, 05:28 AM   #689
Regular Crew

Best set up for premiere pro

i heard that scsi hard drive runs well with win 2000, therefore i first installed 2000 on my 9G IBM scsi hard drive and i used to run premiere 6.5 on the system, it worked well.
since adobe updated some features in Premiere pro, i felt that i should try using it soon. because premiere pro is required to run on XP, i have these questions, please help.

1. is it true that scsi HD works better with 2000? (in a way that the os can take more advantage from the scsi bandwidth)
2. If in the case of using ATA, should i consider RAID to boost performance?
3. about RAID, can i install OS on RAID HDs?
4. My motherboard has both ATA, and SATA RAID controller, can i use the onboard controller, as SATA controller to upgrade to SATA as main HDs?
5. i got the scsi control card from my friend, it's kinda old, but i didn't see much changes in SCSI, is my ultra2 wide card still good? or should i abandon it?
6. what would be my ideal set up?

MY PC Config:
ASUS p4p 800 D
1G mem
P4 2.4 with HT
Adaptec AHA-2940U2W control card
IBM 9G
WD Special ED 80G
WD Special ED 120G
Dual boot 2000/xp (2000 on scsi/ xp on EIDE
Old July 6th, 2004, 06:07 AM   #690
Inner Circle

1- Pretty sure this is no.

2- Not if you're working in DV.

3- Yes. You may need drivers on a floppy.

4- Yes, if I understand correctly. If you want to install XP onto SATA drives then you may need the drivers on a floppy.

5- i got the scsi control card from my friend, it's kinda old, but i didn't see much changes in SCSI, is my ultra2 wide card still good? or should i abandon it?
Depends on what hard drives you wish to get. For video editing work with DV, you probably want AV. The SCSI you have already is good for using as the system drive since (A) SCSI drives typically spin fast (10k/15k rpm) which makes them fast for your OS+applications and (B) by having two drives you avoid a few problems with 2 programs hitting the hard drive while you are capturing or printing to tape.

6- see 5. OS and apps on SCSI, with lots of ATA drives for storage.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite