Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2004 - Page 79 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old October 25th, 2004, 02:40 PM   #1171
Regular Crew

2.35:1 aspect ratio needed. om premier

Does anyone have a template for premier pro for a 2.35:1 aspect ratio.. you can email it to me at george@asff.com
Thanks a million..

P.S. or let me know the url of a site that contains this info.
gerez@bellsouth.net

---
PC Based editor: Adobe Premier Pro, Canopus DV Storm Pro. SONY VX2000, Panasonic DVX100a

Old October 25th, 2004, 09:12 PM   #1172
New Boot

Strange problem from the get-go

I'm new, brand new to Premiere Pro. I have books and help cds but can't even get started because of the following problem.

I open Premiere Pro and import a video clip. When I try to play that clip on the Monitor Window only the first frame flashes and then the Monitor Window gives me a black screen. If I continually drag the Monitor Window around, the clip will play. The second I stop dragging it around it freezes on a frame. Pick it up and drag it again and I get video rolling.

I'm raring to go but can't get the first thing going. Oh, also, I can play the same clips in Vegas 5.0 without a problem. This leads to a more fundamental question. . .maybe I should just stick with Vegas?

Help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Randy
Old October 25th, 2004, 10:30 PM   #1173
Inner Circle

Premiere is probably playing the video out (full fps) through firewire.

You should go into the settings and tell Premiere not to, or disconnect your camera/deck.
Old October 26th, 2004, 12:06 PM   #1174
New Boot

I don't think that's it. I have no camera connected. Also, my Canopus Storm Bay has a light that monitors when there is input or output. There's no light on.

The strange fact that when I continually drag the monitor window around leads me to think it has something to do with a refresh rate but I'm not sure what.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old October 26th, 2004, 04:34 PM   #1175
Regular Crew

Timecode Problem

For some reason, my PP will not show any even minute timecodes (for example, the count would go from 00;59;29 to 01;00;02.)

This is throughtout the entire duration of the piece and at every minute spot. The "00" frame does not exist on the timeline.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening, and how - and if - I can fix it?

Thanks a lot in advance!

-Rusty-
Old October 26th, 2004, 04:42 PM   #1176
Regular Crew

Whoops, I just figured it out (after several hours).

I had to switch to NON Drop-Frame Timecode. - Thanks anyway for the prospective help.

...It figures, once I finally ask for help, I'd stumble onto the solution...
Old October 27th, 2004, 09:58 PM   #1177
New Boot

Full Screen Preview

Hi All,

Can i know wats the shortcut key to having a full screen preview on my monitor when I'm viewing video from Adobe Premiere Pro V7.0 for XP?

Thanks
Nina
My Inanimate World
Old October 28th, 2004, 12:24 AM   #1178
Regular Crew

Templates: http://www.geocities.com/robvisuar/calc.htm

Moderator note: this in an old site, see post below for the new location
Old October 28th, 2004, 06:16 AM   #1179
Wrangler

Hi Nina,

Viewing your video footage at the same resolution of your VGA monitor will not give you a good representation of what the video will look like. It is best to hook a TV upto your computer (there are many ways to do this).

You can expand the video preview monitor and then magnify the screen (right clicking on the video monitor and choosing magnify). But the resolution will be greatly reduced.

We now have a dedicated Premiere forum, so i'll move this into it.

Thanks,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old October 28th, 2004, 06:21 AM   #1180
Major Player

HDR FX1 in PREMIER PRO

Have PP updated this for the camera??
Old October 28th, 2004, 07:17 AM   #1181
Major Player

16:9 in 4:3 Project

This came up a while back and I just got around to trying it to see if letterboxing in post was better than shooting 16:9 and importing into a 4:3 project and letting Premier do the matte.

Without a doubt, I'm convinced that shooting in 4:3 works best for me and adding in a simple Canopus region filter for the letterbox or even importing a matte done in photoshop over the final project works best and fastest...

But my question is (and I'm not sure if this will get an answer here or in a Canopus forum) why the heck would a 16:9 project imported into Premier in a 4:3 project hang the realtime of my canopus setup and cause a time line stop or out of frame error?

When I play back that 16:9 now in the 4:3 my system will play about 3 seconds of the file then pop up with a frame loss error. Canopus users will understand... but curious to know why, doesn't make sense... I can play back any 4:3 or 16:9 footage when they are imported into the proper project so why not now?

miguel
Old October 28th, 2004, 08:00 AM   #1182
Inner Circle

adobe have worked on a plugin to support the format. Apparently it works... but im still waiting for its release before i can test it..

im also waiting for matrox and canopus to come out with their response to the new PCI Express mobos and gfx cards....

not a good time to be buying a PC editing suite.. too much activity with new formats im afraid..
Old October 28th, 2004, 10:18 AM   #1183
New Boot

Hi Ed,

Saw your reply. But wat i like to do is to have it full screen on my monitor. Like watching video with windows media player? You can have it on full screen preview.

It seems that premiere doesn't allow me to drag the preview monitor to the same size as my monitor screen. I know that i can magnify it, but the screen size does not increase simulatneously.

Talking about TV output,I do realise monitors aren't the same as TV but my card doesnt' suport video output so there goes...

Hope someone can help.
thanks
Nina
Old October 29th, 2004, 02:31 AM   #1184
Wrangler

I take it that you are using a DV camera to capture/ export? If so simply leave the camera attached, and switched on while editing. Then make sure in preferences that you have set the playback settings to use DV camera/ firewire. Hook up a TV to the analogue outputs of your DV camera. Switch the TV to its AV input channel, and then you should see a preview of your timeline on your TV. easy...

If you need to know specifics please let us know.

Thanks,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old October 29th, 2004, 08:51 AM   #1185
Regular Crew

Thank you!!....
gerez@bellsouth.net

---
PC Based editor: Adobe Premier Pro, Canopus DV Storm Pro. SONY VX2000, Panasonic DVX100a

Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite