Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2004 - Page 81 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old November 2nd, 2004, 04:05 AM   #1201
Regular Crew

Where are you seeing the lines?

Jon
Old November 2nd, 2004, 04:20 AM   #1202
RED Code Chef

1. which camera was used to shoot this footage and in what settings?

2. what are your Premiere project settings?

3. what is your final output format?

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old November 2nd, 2004, 10:13 AM   #1203
Wrangler

Hi Randall,

Please provide us with your specific project settings,as well as computer spec?

What version of Pro are you using?

What resolution and colour depth is your monitor set to?

Maybe its a canopus setting? are you previewing out via analogue to a TV?

thanks,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old November 2nd, 2004, 04:09 PM   #1204
Regular Crew

Premiere and After Effects Integration

I am having a problem when I import a Premiere Project into After Effects, either as a project or as a rendered .avi file.

If I capture a 20 minute clip, cut it up into pieces in Premiere, export as an .avi file. When I get into AE, it doesn't recognize the twenty or so clips, it still considers it all one clip.

I am trying to use Color Finesse. Obviously, I can't do scene by scene color correction if AE treats the thirty scenes as one file.

What I am doing wrong?

Not renaming them in Premiere when I cut them up?
Old November 2nd, 2004, 08:36 PM   #1205
Major Player

Cant seem to get my shuttlexpress right

HI,

I just ogt the Countour ShuttleXpress SUB jog shuttle controller.
I cant seem to get it to work how i want in premiere 6.5 in the actual timeline.

In the edit clip window it works decent but what i am used to doing is dragging my mouse along the timeline and top speed and it seems it wont go that fast.

Any ideas or anyone know where the best settings files are?

Cheers,
Ben
Old November 2nd, 2004, 09:02 PM   #1206
Major Player

I'm confused: when you say "cut it up into pieces," do you mean than your are exporting multiple .avi files from Premiere? Or are you simply making edits and then exporting it all as one .avi file? If you are importing only one .avi into AE, then it is treated as one file. It would be somewhat similar to creating a multi-layered image in Photoshop and then saving it as a jpeg -- you would lose access to those layers and would no longer be able to work on those distinct sections.

Once your edits are exported as an .avi, then it is now one file -- the new file does not retain memory of where you made edits (unless this is a new function of Premiere Pro that I have not yet heard of). You will need to export each scene as a separate .avi file in order to use them as distinct files in AE. Alternatively, you can import the entire Premiere project (.ppj file) into AE, but -- from my experience, at least -- you will lose transitions and some motion, etc., settings. If you only have straight cuts, though, this might work for you.
Old November 2nd, 2004, 11:29 PM   #1207
Major Player

Can premiere work with divx pro 5.2.1

I asked this question of the vegas folks but I think it is also true for premiere. Is there a plug-in or settings I can get or manipulate to allow divx pro 5.2.1 to work with premiere? I have noticed that the divix files will not load properly in premiere.
Old November 3rd, 2004, 09:02 AM   #1208
Regular Crew

When I import that master file, it automatically imports the Premiere Project as well. I have tried it numerous ways. Whether I use the master .avi file or I use the individual sequences that made up that file, AE will not recognize the trimmed in and out points and show them as individual layers.
Old November 3rd, 2004, 09:25 AM   #1209
Regular Crew

I figured it out. I knew it had to be something really stupid. I was just dragging compositions to the timeline and assuming they would just open, but I guess you have to manually do that by right-clicking. When I do that, then everything shows up like it is supposed to.

I could have sworn it wasn't that way last week....
Old November 3rd, 2004, 10:32 AM   #1210
Major Player

This is interesting -- this is an aspect of AE I am unaware of. So, when you import an avi file, you can tag it so that the .ppj file comes with it as well? How exactly does that work? Is this specific to a particular version of Premiere/AE? (I've been using P. 6.5 and AE 5.5 "standard" for a few years now... had not come across this yet -- learn something new everyday...)
Old November 3rd, 2004, 11:49 AM   #1211
Major Player

divx files load into my premiere pro 1.5 fine with that codec installed.
Old November 3rd, 2004, 02:46 PM   #1212
Regular Crew

I had to doublecheck myself. I am not even close to being as knowledgable as most people on this board.

But yes, you can do this. I have Premiere Pro 1.5 and AE 6.5. But I am looking at the manual for AE 6.0 and you can do it with that as well.

The manual says:

this ability eliminates the need to render the project before applying visual effects.

From the manual:

"AE imports the Premiere Pro Project into the project window as both a new composition containing each clip as a layer, and as a folder containing each clip as an individual folder item."

It preserves the order of clips in the timeline, the footage duration (including all trimmed in and out points) and marker and transition locations.

It was that "in and out points" that should have been a red flag to me that I was doing something wrong. Note to self: read the manual before making an ass out of yourself on a message board.

Anyways, I am new to all of this but that is what the manual says and I definitely opened up a Premiere Project in AE and everything was cool. And I am pretty sure that when I imported the rendered .avi file that the Premiere Pro Project and all the individual sequences, etc just came with it.

I don't know when they started this, but I bought the Adobe Video Collection not only because Premiere was what I always edited with, but because Adobe promoted "integration" between the four programs (PP, AE, Audition and Encore)
Old November 3rd, 2004, 02:56 PM   #1213
Major Player

Well, the ability to import a .ppj file isn't new (as I mentioned above) -- that's what the quote from the manual seems to describe. But it doesn't appear to describe the abilty to import an .avi with the .ppj file tagging along automatically (unless I'm overlooking something). Any other AE users want to chime in? (not that I doubt you, Jim...)
Old November 3rd, 2004, 03:15 PM   #1214
Regular Crew

I believe the default playback mode for Premiere is DV Playback. As you are creating a new project go to the settings tab and then video options sscreen. Make sure the playback mode is set to windows playback instead of DV Playback.
Old November 3rd, 2004, 03:17 PM   #1215
Regular Crew

Are you playing back on the pc or on a connected camera?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite