Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2004 - Page 87 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old November 18th, 2004, 07:26 PM   #1291
Major Player

http://www.dynapel.com/

Also has a slow-mo program, does a great job. I remember Premiere 6.5 doing a better job than Pro with slow-mo. Can anyone verify or am I just being forgetful?
Old November 19th, 2004, 03:12 PM   #1292
Regular Crew

Color Correcting B&W Video

I have this really old video that is mostly in Black & White (due to it being a high generation tape, and poor dubbing). However, there are a few seconds of color footage here and there during the video. Is there any way I can use the few seconds of color footage to correct the B&W footage? I'm using Premier Pro 1.5 now, but I also have 6.5 and After Effects (if necessary).
Old November 19th, 2004, 04:05 PM   #1293
Regular Crew

Media encoder problem

When I use Premiere Pro encoder to convert my video to Quicktime it render until the last two frames and then it stops.

I'm editing on P4 2.4Ghz and 2.00 Gigs of RAM with Windows XP

I've completed 60 minute videos with multiple effects and this machine handles it well.

I can't figure why it happens.

Thanks a lot for any assistance
Old November 19th, 2004, 04:33 PM   #1294
Regular Crew

So it encodes everything but the last two frames?

Have you tried extending your video by two frames (of extra footage or black video) so that it encodes everything you want it to?
Old November 19th, 2004, 06:12 PM   #1295
Wrangler

Don't know if yours is the same problem, but I fixed my Adobe Media Encoder (AME) "failed to return video frame" lockups with this work-around:

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/330380.html

Apparently WinXP SP2 messes with AME's use of hyperthreading. If you get that error message, the very simple workaround ought to do it (re-naming the Adobe Premiere Pro.exe file).

If this doesn't help, search around in Adobe's Knowledge Base...I've usually found answers to problems with Adobe software well documented right on the Adobe web site.

Best o' luck!
Old November 19th, 2004, 08:52 PM   #1296
Regular Crew

I've extended the frames and decreased the frames to no avail.

I don't get an error message the timer shows 0:00 and 8300 of 8302 frames encoded.

I'm going to search the Adobe database, thanks a lot
Old November 20th, 2004, 11:12 PM   #1297
Regular Crew

Editing backround noise and the works.

I have some footage that I'm editing with interviews inbetween and I'm a newbie at sound editing, so I need some help. I know the basics of sound editing, but I still haven't learned the more advanced stuff. For instance, I have a minute of two of footage with the music blaring and then suddenly I cut right to a little interview clip. The problem is at the beginning of the interview clip a big hum from a bus outside that is passing by is very loud, this was a run and gun documentary, so I can't reshoot or anything. So, how would I cancel out that backround noise, but still keep the persons voice just as loud? Also, how do I cancel out that common hiss sound? I have alot of little clips from different interviews inbetween the music and I would really like to beable not to have to fade the music all the way down suddenly, so you can hear the persons voice. I've raised and tweaked the gain, but I was wondering if theres a better way to tweak it so I don't have to lower the music all the way down when someones talking. I know these are real general questions, but any help would be appreciated!
Old November 20th, 2004, 11:30 PM   #1298
Regular Crew

jake, with the clips on the timeline and selected go to effects / volume and adjust by adding keyframes and then moving the envelope markers up or down. for example, the beginning of one clip you gradually raise the volume and at the end you gradually lower the volume. you can add keyframes before some dialog and after some dialog to raise just the dialog volume. however, editing audio in premiere is tedious and i prefer Audition 1.5 (formally cool edit pro). In Audition you can take the hiss out of almost anything and create real multitrack soundtracks for your clips. You can even import your video file and edit the audio that way, while viewing the video realtime. however, i have unanswered posts all over the place on why this does not seem to work very well (lag time between recording and video playback). good luck!
jigs
Friday.
Old November 20th, 2004, 11:37 PM   #1299
Regular Crew

not sure if 6 has it, but 7+ has scene detection where it will capture the entire tape by scenes, select scene detect and capture tape, not in/out points. easy and works great.
jigs
Friday.
Old November 21st, 2004, 09:31 AM   #1300
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Jiggy Gaton : jake, with the clips on the timeline and selected go to effects / volume and adjust by adding keyframes and then moving the envelope markers up or down. for example, the beginning of one clip you gradually raise the volume and at the end you gradually lower the volume. you can add keyframes before some dialog and after some dialog to raise just the dialog volume. however, editing audio in premiere is tedious and i prefer Audition 1.5 (formally cool edit pro). In Audition you can take the hiss out of almost anything and create real multitrack soundtracks for your clips. You can even import your video file and edit the audio that way, while viewing the video realtime. however, i have unanswered posts all over the place on why this does not seem to work very well (lag time between recording and video playback). good luck!
jigs -->>>

So, really all I can do is raise and lower the volume to cancel out the noise? My problem is it happens right when the person is talking so I couldn't lower it unless I lowered her voice also. I better go try Audition. Thanks for the advice.
Old November 21st, 2004, 01:12 PM   #1301
Regular Crew

Show Frequency Analysis

You should try the Show Frequency Analysis in Audition (under the Analyze menu) to determine the frequencies of the person's voice and the bus.

You can try a high-pass filter (Effects -> Filters -> Scientific Filters) where your cutoff frequency is below the person's voice and above the bus hum. Your speaker being a female rather than a male gives you a better separation between the bus hum and the voice.

You can also try to boost the person's voice using some of the Audition presets in the Graphic Equalizer section.
Old November 21st, 2004, 01:16 PM   #1302
Regular Crew

Playback Problem in Premiere Pro 1.5

Well, I just formatted my computer and installed a fresh copy of XP Professional Service Pack 2. I installed some necessary codecs to play MPEG, DivX, XviD, 3ivX, etc. properly. I also updated to the recent version of WMP, which is version 10. After installing all of these, I installed Premiere Pro 1.5. I started editing a little with multiple effects layered on each clip. (About 30 seconds of edited footage) I rendered it, played it back, and the video played extremely choppy. I'm thinking it may have to do with installing WMP 10 since the exported Microsoft DV AVI video plays choppy in the player, but plays perfectly when I compress to MOV and play in the Quicktime player.

My camera is not connected while it's playing and I've checked all of the preferences in Premiere. Does WMP 10 come equipped with all of the codecs I've installed? Should I uninstall the codecs or WMP? Can I uninstall WMP? (Microsoft made it so you could not uninstall version 9)

Thanks a lot for reading this, it's been really bugging me.

Ryan Krga
Old November 21st, 2004, 01:27 PM   #1303
Trustee

Re: Editing backround noise and the works.

<<<-- Originally posted by Jake Sawyer : For instance, I have a minute of two of footage with the music blaring and then suddenly I cut right to a little interview clip. The problem is at the beginning of the interview clip a big hum from a bus outside that is passing by is very loud, this was a run and gun documentary, so I can't reshoot or anything. So, how would I cancel out that backround noise, but still keep the persons voice just as loud? Also, how do I cancel out that common hiss sound?-->>>

you are talking about splitting the audio up into seperate sections, depending on the noise you want to remove... you have to then sample the hiss or whatever in the noise reduction filter, and then run noise reduction on just that audio section... different background noise, different sample for the noise reduction filter, etc.

maybe afterwords you can normalize the audio, which will bring the quieter stuff up to match the louder sections better... but be careful, all that processing can hammer the narrator's voice, use good speakers to check your work as you go.

the help section of cool edit pro has some pointers on how to do this, including the max settings for normalizing.
Old November 21st, 2004, 01:42 PM   #1304
Wrangler

P6 did'nt have this feature in software only mode. If however you had an hardware accelerator (DV500/ RT2500) then the supplied software would enable you to do this.

There were a few bugs with batch capturing in P6, if you can get hold of the .02 upgrade or 6.5 it was better.

Batch capturing will not work if you have broken timecode. Please make sure that the timecode on your tape is continuous, otherwise you'll find out that premiere will not capture everything you aksked it too.

Thanks,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old November 21st, 2004, 01:46 PM   #1305
Wrangler

Can you still play the Quicktime file back in QT? If you can then missing 2 frames at the end won't make a big dent in the video.

However this does not explain why it would stop there. Have you tried exporting out as an AVI file and then compressing it into QT file in a different project?

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite