DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Premier Pro 1.5 Export to DVD help (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/68800-premier-pro-1-5-export-dvd-help.html)

Eric Elliott June 3rd, 2006 03:17 PM

Premier Pro 1.5 Export to DVD help

I can't seem to export a sequence longer than 5 min. without getting an "Out of Memory" error. I've got 2 gigs of memory (The maximum WinXP can handle.) and my swap disc has 119gigs of space free.

Of course I've tried RTFM... doesn't help! Does Adobe have a pay-per-call tech line? I can't seem to find on through their website. (Maybe it's hidden under all the gushing ads?)

Christopher Lefchik June 3rd, 2006 05:10 PM

Did you try the Adobe knowledgebase? Here's a knowledgebase article on the out of memory error: Export to MPEG or DVD causes freeze or error "...failed to return a video frame" (Premiere Pro 1.x)

Christopher Lefchik June 3rd, 2006 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Elliott
I've got 2 gigs of memory (The maximum WinXP can handle.) and my swap disc has 119gigs of space free.

Windows XP can handle up to 4 GB of RAM.

Eric Elliott June 3rd, 2006 10:38 PM

Thanks Christopher... not exactly my problem but I'll search through the rest of the fora.

Yeah, my WinXP box has 4 gig in it but only 2 is useable by applications. Not due to my configuration... that's just the way XP works, evidently.

Christopher Lefchik June 4th, 2006 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Elliott
Yeah, my WinXP box has 4 gig in it but only 2 is useable by applications. Not due to my configuration... that's just the way XP works, evidently.

Windows XP allots 2 GB for applications, and the rest for the OS kernel. You can increase the memory allotted for applications to 3 GB by the use of the /3GB switch in boot.ini. See this Microsoft Knowledgebase article. While it is in reference to Windows Server 2003 it will work for Windows XP; just ignore the /USERVA switch.

Eric Elliott June 4th, 2006 02:18 PM

Cool info, thanks!

Still, 2 gig ought to be enough to burn a more than a 5 min DVD. A 50% increase isn't going to help much. I'm still convinced it should be possible to export a 30 min sequence from Premiere.

Or should I just chuck it all and go get a Mac and FCP? ;)

Christopher Lefchik June 4th, 2006 03:28 PM

Yes, 2 GB RAM should be more than enough to create your DVD. Did you try the solutions outlined in the Adobe Knowledgebase article I linked above?

Eric Elliott June 4th, 2006 04:34 PM

I downloaded the Media Encoder patch and I'll install it as soon as the editor gets off the machine!

Thanks again for your help.

Eric Elliott June 4th, 2006 07:52 PM

That did the trick! Thanks so much!

Christopher Lefchik June 4th, 2006 09:52 PM

That's great news! You're welcome!