Dip to White at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old June 8th, 2006, 10:23 AM   #1
Major Player

Dip to White

I have Premiere Elements v1.0

I have all the basic transitions, but no white.... Why? How do I get it? I know its on v2.0, but I was wondering if I could get hold of it in v1.0?

Anyone have v1.0 and found a way to make a dip to white trans? I tried doing an exposure trantision, but it looks too impressionistic and just plain bad.

Help.... I think its high tim eI got Prem Pro 2... :(
Leo Pepingco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2006, 12:22 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Make a white image in Photoshop (720x576 for NTSC, not sure what size in your TV standard), import it as asset, put it on the timeline. Then do cross dissolve transitions and you're done.
Old June 8th, 2006, 12:53 PM   #3
Trustee

You may be able to make a color matte of your choosing right in Premiere Elements (You can in the full version, anyway). Try the File > New menu and see if you have a "Color Matte..." option.
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2006, 05:32 PM   #4
Major Player

thanks guys... I'll sure do that dross dissolve to image, thanks Ervin.

Chris, I'm afraid I dont have that unfortuantely.... One of the drawbacks of being too loyal to adobe I am willing to buy a beta program.
Old June 8th, 2006, 09:18 PM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Pepingco
Chris, I'm afraid I dont have that unfortuantely.... One of the drawbacks of being too loyal to adobe I am willing to buy a beta program.
Hmm? Premiere Elements 1.0 is a perfectly good video editing program drawing heavily from its big brother Premiere Pro. It is probably the closest to a pro editing application that you will get in the ~$100 price range. I wouldn't call it a "beta" program. For that matter, perhaps the color matte feature from its big brother was added back in Premiere Elements 2.0.
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2006, 11:01 PM   #6
Major Player

I say beta because I jumped right in when it was released, then a few months later, 2 came out. And 2 had all the stuff you pretty much expected from a complete editing package...

I suffer with 1 because I have only about 99.9% what I need, and sometimes, when I do need that 0.1%, its not there and it is quite frustrating.

But, I agree, Prem ele is the best editing tool under the 100 dollar mark, I just wish I waited for 2.... 1 is deeply dissapointing at times.
Old June 9th, 2006, 10:42 AM   #7
Trustee

If you are interested, there's a $30 Adobe rebate on Premiere Elements 2.0 until October 31. Factoring the rebate in you could get Premiere Elements 2.0 for $55 from Buy.com.
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite