DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Newbie needs help!!! with HDR-FX1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/70822-newbie-needs-help-hdr-fx1.html)

Hans Jensen July 4th, 2006 11:18 AM

Newbie needs help!!! with HDR-FX1

Hello everyone. I have a sony HDR-FX1 and am having the hardest time trying to edit my HD videos in Adobe Premiere. If I turn the i. Link convertor on I can capture my stuff in regular DV, but when I turn that off and try to stay in HD the computer can not recognise the camera. Can anyone help me?

Boyd Ostroff July 4th, 2006 11:21 AM

Hi Hans, and welcome to DVinfo! Since I'm on the Mac I can't answer your questions, however I've moved this thread to our Premiere forum since it's sounds more like a software than a camera issue. I'm sure someone else will be able to point you in the right direction.

Also, please don't cross-post the same question in more than one forum; it's against DVinfo policy since it fragments the discussion.

Chris Barcellos July 4th, 2006 11:29 AM

Possible Issues

These are things that might help with the problem:

1. You need to have Service Pack 2 of the XP operating systems intalled on you PC system.

2. Second, if you are using Premiere Pro 1.51, select the HDV 1080i-29-97. This is an intermediate codec from Cineform. You need to upgrade to at leat 1.51. If you are not using this version, or better, you won't capture in Premiere Pro.

3. In Premeire Pro 2.0, you can only capture native .m2t, unless you are using the Cineform Aspect program plugin. Then you would be back capturing .avi intermediate files.

4. If you want to capture outside of Premiere, look for HDVSplit, a freeware program available on the net. You can capture to your hard drive using that program, and even have scene detect.

Hans Jensen July 4th, 2006 12:20 PM

I do have sp2
I would like to use premiere, I have 2.0.
this might sound like a newbie question, but what is .m2t...
I really think that my problem is when I switch the i. link conv to the off position the computer no longer sees the camera..

Chris Barcellos July 4th, 2006 04:14 PM

.m2t is the HDV transport stream file type designation.

If you capture in HDV using 2.0, thats the extension that will be on the
file you capture.

To capture HDV in PP 2.0 you open an HDV project by selection Adobe HDV, and then the type of file you will be capturing. I edit footage from my FX1 under HDV 1080i 30 (Sony 60) selection.

Once the project is open, then you go to capture. My camera was automatically detected. But if yours is not, once you select capture, you can go to the device control menu on the capture screen, and perhaps manually select it.

Khaled Chatila March 10th, 2007 09:22 AM

Chris,

Are you saying that the camera FX1 is detected by premiere pro 2.0?

I cant seem to find FX1 in the list of supported devices?

I'm having to select under Device Control "Generic -> HD Device" in order to see the camera!

and of course having to turn off the i-link conversion.

(still learning)

Laters!

Ervin Farkas March 12th, 2007 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos (Post 507286)
1. You need to have Service Pack 2 of the XP operating systems intalled on you PC system.

I really hate to argue with you Chris, your posts are so good... but I have an older machine without SP2 and it captures HDV just fine with HDV Split.

Hans, when I first connected my Z1U to this older PC, it was not recognized. I Googled around and found a small patch somewhere on the internet - that took care of the problem. Your FX1 is essentially the same camcorder...