Big HDV video problem with Premiere at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old August 10th, 2006, 08:35 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Big HDV video problem with Premiere

I just started working on some HDV material with my freshly-reinstalled Premiere 1.5.1 with the HDV update. I'm using Cineform AVI files that I've used before with no issues (previously converted from m2t with HDLink).

Without trying to describe the problem, I'll just post a exported frame of what is happening:

http://wvlightning.com/stuff/searstower1a2.jpg

This also happens with any exported video clips. The problem isn't with the source AVI, which has been used before without this happening. It's something with Premiere's HDV functions. The video shows and plays just fine in the monitor windows:

http://wvlightning.com/stuff/ppro.jpg
Dan Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2006, 09:07 AM   #2
Regular Crew

What file type are you wanting to export to, and under what codec? I get the feeling, however, that you're right - it has something to do with Premiere's internal encoder. I'm not sure how to help you here, but I know that when I upgraded to Premiere Pro 2.0, it eliminated all of the problems I had with editing HDV.
Old August 10th, 2006, 09:17 AM   #3
Inner Circle

What are your export setting? What format are you exporting to, and is this happening in any export ? Is this happening only with this file, or any HDV to export ?
Old August 10th, 2006, 10:45 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Right now I'm only using the 'export movie' function, which in the case of HDV exports a Cineform HDV AVI. For the exported frames, they're saved as bitmaps. Whatever it is, it's a new issue since my laptop reformatting event yesterday. I've been wanting to upgrade to 2.0 for the native editing, so that might be what I end up doing eventually.
Dan Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2006, 03:23 PM   #5
Inner Circle

You should probably be asking this in the Cineform forum. The Cineform people monitor that forum, and are great about jumping on a question.
Old August 14th, 2006, 10:18 AM   #6
Regular Crew

After troubleshooting this problem further I discovered it is a problem with the M2T to Cineform AVI conversion with the version of Connect HD that I re-downloaded on my newly formatted laptop. As noted, this isn't a Premiere problem so I'm re-posting on the Cineform subforum. The mods will probably want to erase this thread to avoid the duplicate. Thanks!
Dan Robinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite