premiere pro 1.5.1 spontaneous reboot at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old September 6th, 2006, 03:49 AM   #1
New Boot

premiere pro 1.5.1 spontaneous reboot

Guys

for the last 2 weeks I have been trying to track down a pp1.5.1 issue. I was working on a project and the machine spontaneously rebooted. When the PC came back to life it reported an error with the one of the mirrored drives and the prempro project was corrupted. I took an autosave file and tried to work from that but the machine continually rebooted itself.

The machine would not play captured or WMV encoded video direct from the hard drive without crashing in the same way.

In the past 2 weeks, the machine has been rebuilt, the mirroring removed and the rtx100 removed.

The problem is now slightly different. Videos will play straight off the hard drive without a problem. But the Premiere projects still reboot spontaneously without warning - although not every time in three tests this morning 1 has played through and 2 have rebooted.

Nothing is left in the event log, and the projects no longer corrupt when the machine reboots.

this has become a complete mystery and is getting more costly by the day !!

any ideas

Thanks

Ben
Old September 6th, 2006, 06:19 AM   #2
Major Player

The platform You are using is WinXP? If so:
1) System Properties -> Sartup and Recovery -> System failure -> Automatically restart(uncheck it!)
Now You can see bluescreens if they ever appear.
2) Display Properties -> Settings -> Advanced -> Troubleshoot -> Hardware acceleration (pull it completely off - left side).
This will disable all modern and often not so standardized features on VGA board. So if it stops restarts You're about update vga drivers or change vga board.
Frank Hool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2006, 07:03 AM   #3
New Boot

Hi Frank

>>>Automatically restart(uncheck it!)

this was already unchecked, i had made sure of that this morning.

>> disable all modern and often not so standardized features on VGA

I will do this next, for now I have disabled the on board soundcard which it was using inplace of the RTX100 and replaced it with a soundblaster compatible card.

this has lead to a definate improvement, so far.

I can't understand what has been going on properly as the machinehas been running for 12 months without this error occuring (although it has had lots of others !!!)
Old September 6th, 2006, 07:15 AM   #4
Capt. Quirk

Just out of curiosity, what motherboard are you using? I had an Abit that would restart frequently while using Premiere. Turns out there was a soft menu setting for latency that was causing the frequent reboots.
Old September 6th, 2006, 07:21 AM   #5
Major Player

Uh, i remember something, that i had problem when onboard sound and firewire card were assigned to same physical IRQ.
Frank Hool is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite