Help with ghosting effect please. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old September 6th, 2006, 10:17 AM   #1
New Boot

Help with ghosting effect please.

Can anyone guide me to accomplish the ghosting effect where the movements in a background move blurry and fast, but the subject remains focused and at normal speed.

Any help of point in the right direction would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!
Jim Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2006, 10:46 AM   #2
Major Player

I would LOVE to learn this effect as well. It would really help me out with a scene that I'm currently working on.

Mike
Old September 6th, 2006, 01:28 PM   #3
Major Player

Sound more like a greenscreen composit than an effect directly applied to a frame or series of frames.
RED ONE #977
Daniel Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2006, 08:05 AM   #4
New Boot

Oh man, i was hoping there was an alternative to using green screen... thanks anyway bro.

I guess the only way to do this with an already recorded footage would be making the whole frame played fast/repeat and blurred. Then applying some masking and tracking combination on the subject?

I would like to mask off certain partss of the frame n show the rest, would the best method be track matte keying?
Jim Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 09:30 PM   #5
Major Player

Jim,

Sounds like you are on the right track, although a time consuming one unless you have the camera locked down for the shot (even then you still have some work cut out for you). After Effects is a better place to start regardless.

If you do give it shot be sure to post some of the results.
RED ONE #977
Daniel Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2006, 07:40 AM   #6
Major Player

I did a test with the camera locked down. Very easy to do and it worked rather well. I just placed the clips over one another in the timeline and changed the opacity of the clip with the "ghost" to about 35%

Mike

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite