DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Two Screens in Premiere (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/75640-two-screens-premiere.html)

Al Ioimo September 16th, 2006 03:47 PM

Two Screens in Premiere

When I try to use 2 screens in Premiere it limits the boxes I can drag to the other screen. I would like to have the monitor on one screen and the timeline on the other. Is this possible or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help.
Al Ioimo

Pete Bauer September 16th, 2006 04:28 PM

Hard to be sure without knowing your hardware setup, but most likely it is a video card/driver limitation rather than PPro itself. With most cards, if you have an application maximized, it'll fill one monitor and only floating pallets that are designed to not be constrained to an application's window can be dragged across to a second monitor. If you DON'T maximize, you should be able to drag the application to whatever size you want across both monitors and can then move windows (such as the source and monitor windows of PPro) wherever you want in the application's workspace. Another possibility is to open a new reference monitor, which opens in its own window and can therefore be placed anywhere on either monitor.

If that doesn't help, go ahead and post the particular details of your system and hopefully some folks here who really know video subsystems can help.

Matt DeJonge September 18th, 2006 03:54 PM

I've got a single GeForce 7900GT with two heads and two 17" flat panels. The only way I've been able to successfully deal with this is to make the Premiere window non-maximized and then manually drag the window's edges so it fills both screens. Then, I can move the controls in Premiere around to my desired layout (I'm running 1280 x 1024 on each screen). I usually have the following (from top to bottom, left to right):

(Sorry the image is blurry - this is an ongoing edit I'm working on and wanted to hide some of the info, as my client wouldn't be very happy if the details got out)

http://www.chewbode.com/Portals/0/im...fo_screen.jpeg

Left screen:
- Tool bar
- Timeline (fills entire screen vertially and horizontally)

Right Screen:
- Project / Effects / Effects controls grouped together
- SD preview monitor window / audio controls / clip preview grouped together
below these I have:
- History, audio VU meters, and info

I simply move the windows around and make everything so nothing is split up between the two monitors.

Al Ioimo September 19th, 2006 10:56 PM

Thanks once again guys I really appreciate the help.

Devlyn Hukowich October 7th, 2006 09:26 AM

Video cards for Multi-monitor

Hi Guys,

My system has a Matrox G450 board and 2 LG 1952TX flat panels. If the driver is configured for 2 separate displays at 1280x1024 then I can only play video in one of them. However if it is configured as one 2560X1024 display I can play video in either display or split it in the middle.
I don't know what the choices are with the nVidia cards but I imagine it is similar.
Just one thing, some menus will come up at the center of the display ... which happens to have the split between the monitors there also. I small pain but I understand that some of the drivers for newer cards fixed this problem.

Have fun.

Chris Barcellos October 7th, 2006 03:18 PM

Which Premeire ? In 2.0, I can drag the monitor window off the editing pallet to the other monitor. In 1.51, I have to stretch the who palleet to have monitor show on second screen. Scale is differen, too, since I am running the two monitors at different resolutions. ....

Devlyn Hukowich October 7th, 2006 04:19 PM

Dual Monitors

In Premiere Pro 2.0. But actually any application that displays video. In the 2560X1024 mode both monitors have to run at the same resolution and refresh rate.

Chris Barcellos October 7th, 2006 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devlyn Hukowich
In Premiere Pro 2.0. But actually any application that displays video. In the 2560X1024 mode both monitors have to run at the same resolution and refresh rate.

I'm running an ATI X700 PCI express video card, with 256 mgb memory. Has dual output, one standard computer monitor out, one DVI to which I hook up a Dell 21" wide screek, LCD flat panel....In the Window desktop set up menu, I select enable both monitors, and select extend desktop to both monitors....