DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Premiere Pro audio problem. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/75934-premiere-pro-audio-problem.html)

Robert Jackson September 20th, 2006 09:24 PM

Premiere Pro audio problem.

I'm having an intermittet problem with Premiere Pro and it's past business hours for support, so I thought I'd ask here. Frequently (well, semi-frequently...it's happened on three sequences) the audio will start repeating a 1-2 second snippet and that will repeat under the entire sequence instead of the proper audio. I can play the source file in Windows Media Player and it's fine, but even reconverting the file from M2T to Cineform AVI doesn't seem to help. Premiere still plays a couple of seconds of looped audio. This is 720p24 footage shot with an HD-100 and the bug (or whatever it is) is frustrating me quite a bit.

Pete Bauer September 20th, 2006 10:58 PM

I've had this happen too when doing 1080 HDV work in PPro/Aspect. I THINK this was a known bug that Cineform just fixed in the latest release ... apparently has to do with some sort of interruptions in audio conforming causing corruption under certain conditions. If you're using Aspect or Connect, make sure you have the latest version -- for Aspect it is 4.21, and Connect is either 3.20 or 3.21 (not sure). Worth a try anyway.

Robert Jackson September 20th, 2006 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Bauer
I've had this happen too when doing 1080 HDV work in PPro/Aspect. I THINK this was a known bug that Cineform just fixed in the latest release ... apparently has to do with some sort of interruptions in audio conforming causing corruption under certain conditions. If you're using Aspect or Connect, make sure you have the latest version -- for Aspect it is 4.21, and Connect is either 3.20 or 3.21 (not sure). Worth a try anyway.

I have 4.1.3 of Aspect, but I don't see a newer version on their downloads page.

Pete Bauer September 20th, 2006 11:26 PM

Try this page:
http://www.cineform.com/products/AspectHDPPro.htm

Robert Jackson September 20th, 2006 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Jackson
I have 4.1.3 of Aspect, but I don't see a newer version on their downloads page.

I found it. They didn't put it on their downloads page for some reason. It was on their Upgrades page and I had to register my info to download it. Seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks!

Robert Jackson September 20th, 2006 11:28 PM

Quote:

Ah, or that page! HA!

OK, thanks again! I uninstalled the old version, installed this version, rebooted, loaded the project up and the stuttering was gone. Sweet. ;-)

Pete Bauer September 20th, 2006 11:30 PM

Glad to hear it worked, actually. I've only done one short capture since the upgrade so wasn't entirely sure that would be the solution. That same problem caused me dozens of hours of lost work in the past months, so I too am really happy that it is fixed!

Robert Jackson September 20th, 2006 11:34 PM

Quote:

Glad to hear it worked, actually. I've only done one short capture since the upgrade so wasn't entirely sure that would be the solution. That same problem caused me dozens of hours of lost work in the past months, so I too am really happy that it is fixed!

Yeah, you know, working with HD at this level (in other words, not working with a big renderfarm and Avid or some proprietary editing platform) is kind of bleeding edge right now. I mean, you can do it, but you're never sure what to expect next. I'm almost not sure why we do it. ;-)

Pete Bauer September 20th, 2006 11:51 PM

Yeah, it is fairly early in the HD game for most of us. Sort of like it was to work with miniDV not so many years ago...computers not quite up to the challenge, lots of hardware and software glitches, big learning curves.

Maybe a little difficult to fairly compare since I was new to digital video in the late 90s when I first started trying to edit miniDV, but it does seem like the bumps in the road for HD are smaller and we're getting over them more quickly than we did for miniDV. But there are bumps!

Robert Jackson September 20th, 2006 11:56 PM

Quote:

Yeah, it is fairly early in the HD game for most of us. Sort of like it was to work with miniDV not so many years ago...computers not quite up to the challenge, lots of hardware and software glitches, big learning curves.

Maybe a little difficult to fairly compare since I was new to digital video in the late 90s when I first started trying to edit miniDV, but it does seem like the bumps in the road for HD are smaller and we're getting over them more quickly than we did for miniDV. But there are bumps!

Well, my bump is back. It worked for a couple of minutes and it went right back to stuttering audio again. The daily frustration of working with this stuff is almost impossible to take sometimes.

I've been ingesting and sorting through clips for almost two months now. This is all day every day. And I'm still not editing. It feels like the slowest process I've dealt with since the days of scissors and tape.

Pete Bauer September 21st, 2006 12:37 AM

It may be that you have to re-capture, or re-convert from the m2t, to get rid of it because I think it actually corrupts the audio in the file.