Premiere Pro audio problem. at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old September 20th, 2006, 10:24 PM   #1
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 390
Premiere Pro audio problem.

I'm having an intermittet problem with Premiere Pro and it's past business hours for support, so I thought I'd ask here. Frequently (well, semi-frequently...it's happened on three sequences) the audio will start repeating a 1-2 second snippet and that will repeat under the entire sequence instead of the proper audio. I can play the source file in Windows Media Player and it's fine, but even reconverting the file from M2T to Cineform AVI doesn't seem to help. Premiere still plays a couple of seconds of looped audio. This is 720p24 footage shot with an HD-100 and the bug (or whatever it is) is frustrating me quite a bit.
Robert Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2006, 11:58 PM   #2
Wrangler
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 4,093
I've had this happen too when doing 1080 HDV work in PPro/Aspect. I THINK this was a known bug that Cineform just fixed in the latest release ... apparently has to do with some sort of interruptions in audio conforming causing corruption under certain conditions. If you're using Aspect or Connect, make sure you have the latest version -- for Aspect it is 4.21, and Connect is either 3.20 or 3.21 (not sure). Worth a try anyway.
__________________
Pete Bauer
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. Albert Einstein
Trying to solve a DV mystery? You may find the answer behind the SEARCH function ... or be able to join a discussion already in progress!
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 12:10 AM   #3
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Bauer
I've had this happen too when doing 1080 HDV work in PPro/Aspect. I THINK this was a known bug that Cineform just fixed in the latest release ... apparently has to do with some sort of interruptions in audio conforming causing corruption under certain conditions. If you're using Aspect or Connect, make sure you have the latest version -- for Aspect it is 4.21, and Connect is either 3.20 or 3.21 (not sure). Worth a try anyway.
I have 4.1.3 of Aspect, but I don't see a newer version on their downloads page.
Robert Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 12:26 AM   #4
Wrangler
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 4,093
Try this page:
http://www.cineform.com/products/AspectHDPPro.htm
__________________
Pete Bauer
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. Albert Einstein
Trying to solve a DV mystery? You may find the answer behind the SEARCH function ... or be able to join a discussion already in progress!
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 12:26 AM   #5
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Jackson
I have 4.1.3 of Aspect, but I don't see a newer version on their downloads page.
I found it. They didn't put it on their downloads page for some reason. It was on their Upgrades page and I had to register my info to download it. Seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks!
Robert Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 12:28 AM   #6
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Bauer
Ah, or that page! HA!

OK, thanks again! I uninstalled the old version, installed this version, rebooted, loaded the project up and the stuttering was gone. Sweet. ;-)
Robert Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 12:30 AM   #7
Wrangler
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 4,093
Glad to hear it worked, actually. I've only done one short capture since the upgrade so wasn't entirely sure that would be the solution. That same problem caused me dozens of hours of lost work in the past months, so I too am really happy that it is fixed!
__________________
Pete Bauer
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. Albert Einstein
Trying to solve a DV mystery? You may find the answer behind the SEARCH function ... or be able to join a discussion already in progress!
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 12:34 AM   #8
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Bauer
Glad to hear it worked, actually. I've only done one short capture since the upgrade so wasn't entirely sure that would be the solution. That same problem caused me dozens of hours of lost work in the past months, so I too am really happy that it is fixed!
Yeah, you know, working with HD at this level (in other words, not working with a big renderfarm and Avid or some proprietary editing platform) is kind of bleeding edge right now. I mean, you can do it, but you're never sure what to expect next. I'm almost not sure why we do it. ;-)
Robert Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 12:51 AM   #9
Wrangler
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 4,093
Yeah, it is fairly early in the HD game for most of us. Sort of like it was to work with miniDV not so many years ago...computers not quite up to the challenge, lots of hardware and software glitches, big learning curves.

Maybe a little difficult to fairly compare since I was new to digital video in the late 90s when I first started trying to edit miniDV, but it does seem like the bumps in the road for HD are smaller and we're getting over them more quickly than we did for miniDV. But there are bumps!
__________________
Pete Bauer
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. Albert Einstein
Trying to solve a DV mystery? You may find the answer behind the SEARCH function ... or be able to join a discussion already in progress!
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 12:56 AM   #10
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Bauer
Yeah, it is fairly early in the HD game for most of us. Sort of like it was to work with miniDV not so many years ago...computers not quite up to the challenge, lots of hardware and software glitches, big learning curves.

Maybe a little difficult to fairly compare since I was new to digital video in the late 90s when I first started trying to edit miniDV, but it does seem like the bumps in the road for HD are smaller and we're getting over them more quickly than we did for miniDV. But there are bumps!
Well, my bump is back. It worked for a couple of minutes and it went right back to stuttering audio again. The daily frustration of working with this stuff is almost impossible to take sometimes.

I've been ingesting and sorting through clips for almost two months now. This is all day every day. And I'm still not editing. It feels like the slowest process I've dealt with since the days of scissors and tape.
Robert Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2006, 01:37 AM   #11
Wrangler
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 4,093
It may be that you have to re-capture, or re-convert from the m2t, to get rid of it because I think it actually corrupts the audio in the file.
__________________
Pete Bauer
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. Albert Einstein
Trying to solve a DV mystery? You may find the answer behind the SEARCH function ... or be able to join a discussion already in progress!
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:05 AM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network