Adobe Premier help at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old October 7th, 2006, 10:04 PM   #1
New Boot

Adobe Premier help

Hello,
I have setup a project in Adobe Premier Pro and put a lot of work into it. I realised now that the project was defined with video size of 16:9 instead of 4:3. As far as I can tell that cannot be changed after the project has been saved.

Is this true? If it is true is there a way for me to migrate all my work to a newly defined project that has the correct video size without having to redo it all?

Thanks,
Jim
James J Gallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 04:38 AM   #2
Regular Crew

i hope someone answers this for you.. i'm wanting to know myself.
Vish Matepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 06:06 AM   #3
Major Player

Just create a new 4:3 project and in project window import the whole 16:9 project. Volia!
Bart Walczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 08:44 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart Walczak
Just create a new 4:3 project and in project window import the whole 16:9 project. Volia!

That will work, and you'll end up with letterboxed video, preserving the 16:9 look on a 4:3 shape.

Unless......was it originally widescreen material you were working with? If not, then everything probably looks stretched....

If that's the case, import the project into a 4:3 project, and adjust the horizontal scale until it's corrected.

Good luck!
Wade Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 09:29 AM   #5
New Boot

Bart you were right.

I followed the following steps:
1) I exported my 16:9 project as a 16:9 .avi movie.
2) Then I defined a new project with a 4:3 video setting. I imported the exported 16:9 avi file into the project manager.
3) Then I dragged that file onto the timline and it displays perfectly.

It essentially crops the 16:9 image down to 4:3 which is fine by me because my original video was shot at a 4:3 image size and when placed in a 16:9 project had a black border on either side of the image that I wanted removed. The end result was exactly what I wanted without any distortion and at full screen.

Thanks for your replies!
James J Gallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2006, 09:12 AM   #6
Tourist

I can't drop footage using adobe premiere HELP!

Hi. When I want to drop footage from my ag-dvc60 panasonic I use a pinnacle dazzle box digital video creator 90. I have to resort to using windows movie maker in order to drop footage, but I feel I can drop the film onto the computer at higher qualties than the windows movie maker offers. I have adobe premiere pro 2.0 but I can't get it to detect the camera at all! HELP PLZ!

Taylor
Taylor Pludow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2006, 12:10 PM   #7
New Boot

Looks like your camera may not be compatible with Premier Pro

I went to the following link which is the hardware compatability link for Premier Pro and did not find you camera there:

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/dvhdwrdb.html

So, it looks like Adobe has not included a driver for the camera in their software. If that is the case, you will have to capture the footage the way you are currently doing it or some other way.

Jim
James J Gallagher is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite