Errors in Premeire pro 2.0? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old November 29th, 2006, 03:49 AM   #16
Trustee

Joel,

The video should probably be compressed as DV Pal. Here are the settings I use:

http://www.millcon.nl/Harm/export.jpg and http://www.millcon.nl/Harm/export_2.jpg
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2006, 05:52 AM   #17
Trustee

The pictures above are for exporting a widescreen HDV project to DV. Therefore the Recompress was on. If you stay with DV, better leave the recompress off, because otherwise you create a generation loss.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2006, 01:20 PM   #18
New Boot

Rendering / exporting HDV with Premiere 2.0 impossible!

Hello Joel and all!

I am experiencing the exact same problems like you have some months ago, with Premiere 2.0 and HDV. Have you found any solutions?

Even though I also have 2GB Ram, no other programmes working and ca 100 GB space on the C-Drive the computer breaks down, when exporting or rendering, and shows exactly the same messages like you describe.

I noticed, that especially if I want to render the complete timeline at once, it fails. Sometimes, rendering only parts at once makes it work..
But more interesting is, that the longer the programme is opened, the higher the risk is, that it will break down...
If I then shut down the programme and re-open it again, it always runs better.
Does Premiere Pro create growing files in the background, that after some time overcome the capacity?!

I enjoy working with this programme and HDV alot, but this makes serious work almost impossible.

Thank you anyone for some ideas!

Alec

Zürich, Switzerland
www.halsundbeinbruch.ch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Davis
Hi Guys,

I have been working on a large project of just over 1 hour in length and maybe about 1000 clips shot in standard definition. I was using Premiere pro 1.0 and decided to upgrade to Premiere pro 2.0 to take advantage of its colour correction features, this is where the trouble started.
I installed Premiere pro 2.0 and opened my project file, gave it a new name and saved it. The first thing I noticed was the rendering was gone (red lines, no green) in the timeline. This was ok everything was working good, I didn't re-render because it was going to take a long time and I wanted to play around with the new program. So I got stuck into the colour correction and before long I had done almost half of the movie, this is were the trouble started.
The first warning I got was:
Premiere is running very low on system memory. Please save your project and proceed with caution.
So I figured this was happening because I hadn't been rendering the timeline as I went, so I saved and tried removing some of the colour correction effects working backwards and tried to render small sections but it kept crashing and became very unstable and the following errors:
Video preview error
Error compiling movie
Unknown error/Out of memory.

So I went out and got some more memory, now I have 2GB of RAM and the virtual memory paging file has also been increased. The project is slightly more stable but I'm still getting the same errors and it crashes.
It works perfect on other smaller projects but this major project has killed it. I tried re-opening the original file before colour correction was added but this file is also unstable now too. Should I delete all the preview files, conformed audio files etc. and start again rendering before I start adding more effects? These files from the new project are all mixed in together with the original project and I don't want to jeopardise the original file because the project still works perfect in the old version of Premiere.

Any help please ???
Alec Wohlgroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2006, 07:16 PM   #19
New Boot

I just had this same problem on a large project, I think the sequences that I just finished is currupted somehow. I finally got PP 2.0 up by starting the older autosave files, created an avi file from the questionable sequence, and everything is fine. I won't touch that sequence again until everything else is an avi file. Using the task manager on my pc, I could see the pc was using 2.21 gig and only have 2 gig of ram. How much ram does it take to run PP2.0 and its associated programs without problems ?
Michael Conn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite