Premiere Pro 2/After Effects 7 on Windows Vista??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 21st, 2006, 11:48 AM   #1
New Boot

Premiere Pro 2/After Effects 7 on Windows Vista???

Have you guys successfully run Premiere Pro 2 and After Effects 7 on Windows Vista???

Thanks!

Last edited by Conrad Gibbs; December 21st, 2006 at 04:56 PM.
Conrad Gibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2006, 04:03 PM   #2
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad Gibbs
Have you guys successfully ruin Premiere Pro 2 and After Effects 7 on Windows Vista???

Thanks!
No, because I did not want to ruin my system.....
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2006, 04:56 PM   #3
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harm Millaard
No, because I did not want to ruin my system.....
Sorry I meant "RUN" not "ruin"

big difference lol
Old December 21st, 2006, 04:57 PM   #4
Trustee

I have- loads of issues, instability, yada yada... It also runs a little slower due to the greediness of Vista_Resource_Hog/argh!
Old December 22nd, 2006, 08:02 AM   #5
New Boot

dang so its recommended we stay on Windows XP then? I was hoping the Vista would accelerate all video related work on Windows since it's Graphic API is now tightly integrated and runs on DirectX/Direct3D...
Old December 22nd, 2006, 10:10 AM   #6
Trustee

Conrad,

If you want to beta test for Adobe, I think they will appreciate it. However, if you want a stable (?) NLE I would suggest you wait a bit. Stable (?) in the Production Studio 2.0 is something discussed among various users. Some even say they prefer to wait for the 2.5 version, even before considering an upgrade to Vista.

The Production Studio 2.0 works great for me under WinXP Pro and people have been telling me since I was a kid to never change a winning team. Eventually Adobe will support Vista, but since acceptance of Vista is rather slow and not even released to consumers, it may be awhile.

Maybe, after the initial reactions are out, I will change to Vista, but it may well be only when SP1 is out. Till that time I hold my horses.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2006, 04:13 PM   #7
Major Player

I'd wait until the *audio* aspects of Vista are addressed (see my post here: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showpost....7&postcount=14 )

Re the video acceleration, Vista improves the speed of things like displaying preview windows etc but any real acceleration of rendering needs to be written into the software.

Interestingly enough, the Vista version of Windows Movie Maker DOES use a programmable GPU for rendering effects/transitions.
John Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2007, 03:33 PM   #8
Major Player

No problems running PPro and AFX 7 here on Vista. Just slightly bigger RAM usage and AFX disabling DWM (Aero Glass and accelerated desktop) when running.
Jiri Fiala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2007, 05:23 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Adobe Production Studio with Vista Ultimate

I haven't encountered any problems so far. I tested a few prior projects so far and rendering time seems no different than XP. RAM has always been in short supply, which is why I stuffed the MB with 3GB long ago. The Vista 3D Aero navigation is great, no system lock-ups, and my machine actually shuts down cleanly now, unlike XP...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite