DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   External Real Time HDV Monitor (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/82696-external-real-time-hdv-monitor.html)

Rob Wilson December 28th, 2006 06:52 PM

External Real Time HDV Monitor

I've found in the Premiere Help section that apparently you can output what is normally displayed in the monitor window to an external monitor. I'd like to do that while editing HDV. Anyone doing this now? If so, what video card are you using to drive the external monitor?

THANKS!

Steven Gotz December 28th, 2006 10:49 PM

I am using the Matrox Parhelia APVe with two PC monitors and a HD monitor, but the NVidia FX-540 will do the job with one PC monitor and one HD monitor. Both use component outputs.

Wade Spencer December 29th, 2006 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Gotz
I am using the Matrox Parhelia APVe with two PC monitors and a HD monitor, but the NVidia FX-540 will do the job with one PC monitor and one HD monitor. Both use component outputs.

APVe here as well.

Graham Hickling December 29th, 2006 12:52 AM

I have a (cheap!) Nvidia 6600GT driving a 22" LCD through its DVI port and a 19" HDTV through its HD-component adapter. Working fine....

Rob Wilson December 29th, 2006 11:19 AM

Great input guys, thanks! Time to order a new video card!

Bruce S. Yarock December 31st, 2006 11:52 PM

Steven,
I bought the nvidia FX 540 quadro and up graded my PC mother board to pci express to handle the nvidia. I was told that I could view hd footage while editing, via the break out box. So far I haven't been able to view hdv footage on an external monitor via my system.I can only export, via firwire, hdv back to one of my cameras.
I spoke with tech support from nvvidia several times and got nowhere. we're editing with PPRo and Cineform Aspect HD. and that's working fine. Am I missing something? Do I need some kind of addl card or piece of hard ware (decklink?) to be able to view hdv footage?
Thanks
Bruce S. yarock

Graham Hickling January 1st, 2007 12:43 AM

Instructions for nVidia GeForce cards (sorry but I can't remember where I got these...Cineform's website perhaps?):

1. In Windows Display Properties Click on the ‘Settings’ Tab
2. Select the second monitor in the ‘Display’ drop down menu
3. Be sure that the check box “Extend My Windows Desktop onto This Monitor” is CHECKED.
4. Click on the ‘Advanced’ button to view the nVidia Card
5. Click on the Tab with the nVidia Logo and the model name/number of the card.
6. In the side menu that pops out select ‘Full Screen Video’
7. In the ‘Full Screen Device’ drop down menu, select ‘Auto-Select’
8. Apply the settings

Edit: Oops, I forgot this part ... in PPro go to Project/Settings/General/Playback Settings and in the Cineform box that pops up, make sure that the "Enable overlay surface" box is checked.

Steven Gotz January 1st, 2007 11:26 AM

The only thing I have to do is to set the playback settings. In the Program Monitor I select Playback Settings and make sure that the top checkbox is checked. "Enable Overlay Surface"

I imagine yours should be the same, no?