Premier Pro 2.0 - i/0 error, help! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 31st, 2006, 07:29 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Premier Pro 2.0 - i/0 error, help!

So i'm using Adobe Premier Pro 2.0 at work to edit some new years eve footage and I'm having a bizarre little problem...I can't seem to export any part of my film, no matter the format. Not even a still frame.

It comes up with an i/o error.

The odd thing is, all the footage renders fine...I captured it from DV tape (with my XL2) at home, using Sony Vegas and then imported the AVI files. Seemed to be working fine till now..

anybody have any clue?

it's kinda important, being my first day and all...
Susann Kovacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2007, 09:56 AM   #2
Regular Crew

What are you trying to export to?
Jason White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2007, 10:09 PM   #3
Regular Crew

ok so the problem just disappeared all on its own at the time...but now it's back with a vengeance!

when i use the media encoder it will only successfully produce a file if i do not change a single setting.

as soon as i opt to deinterlace or change the bitrate or anything like that, i get the i/o error message.

The same thing occurs regardless of whether i'm trying to produce an mpg or wmv etc.

I usually find the media encoder in premiere to be fairly reliable, and as far as i can tell, i'm not doing anything differently this time around.

The really bizarre thing is that our computers are on a network here at work. Two of them have premiere installed...and the problem is occuring on both!
Susann Kovacs is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite