Organizing project assets at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 2nd, 2007, 07:42 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Organizing project assets

I wasn't sure where to put this, but since I'm using Premiere Pro I'll put it here. First off the specs, which seems standard around here:

3ghz p4
2 gig ram
firewire card (of course)
Premiere Pro

Storage space:
80 gig ide for the OS and other BS
80 gig ide
200 gig ide, this is about 5 years old now

The following drives are each less than 3 months old
250 gig ide
250 gig sata
500 gig sata

80 gig external USB 2.0

I have another 3 ghz p4 on loan I'm using to capture video while I edit. It has a 30 gig hdd. For some reason I can't get the two computers networked, so I'm filling that hard drive, sending those files to the 80 gig external, and transferring those files to the main editing computer.

The project I'm working on is a video yearbook for a high school marching band. I have 75-80 hours of HD video. I'm capturing all of this as standard def.

This is the second year I've done this type of project with this group. The way I did it last year was pretty much a linear process. I'd take a week's worth of video leading up to a weekend competition and edit that down as a segment for the video. I ended up with a 2 hour narrative and a 2 hour show DVD.

This year I want to do things a little differently. I'm probably going to be jumping around quite a bit. I really can't make it like I did last year because the rehearsal footage I have is very different this year.

Last year I had my 3 80 gig drives and the 200 gig, and it was pretty disorganized in there. This time around I want to be able to have as much of my footage on the hard drives as possible. I'm wondering if anybody has any suggestions as far as organizing footage, projects, project assets, and such.

Thanks

Rick
Rick Foye is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite