Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 19th, 2007, 01:41 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0

Wow...I've just transitioned from Avid Xpress Pro HD to Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 and its been a beast. I'm having the hardest time learning this software and its killing me (time wise).

I was wondering if any of you all out there could possibly direct me to a good Tutorial Site and give me any pointers...

I'm struggling the most as it come to simple effects, like Flm Fade (In Avid) and splitting my video into two halves (The 'H' key in Avid).

Another thing is, After Effects! What in the World!

I'm sure you're wondering why i made the switch...Well in Avid when capturing 24p, you have to have a 24p camera conected to capture with. I use a Consumer DV Camera as a deck, so that i dont put hours on my head. Its not 24p. So i end up capturing my 24p Video 30i...it doesnt look as great as it could if the setting allowed me to do it 24p on an Interlace deck...

Long Story short. I like the way Premiere puts out video. but i cant seem to get it edited first.

G. Hayes
Old January 19th, 2007, 02:09 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Moved from Open DV to World Premiere.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2007, 02:47 PM   #3
Inner Circle

If you are talking about actually splitting the existing clip, Premiere Pro does not do so, to my understanding.

If you are talking about splitting in edit, try these methods.

Splitting a clip in edit.

Method 1. Double click on your clip. It should come up in source monitor. Select in point by clicking on "{" on the source monitor window. Go to point clip you want "out", click on "}". Place cursor in source monitor window, left click and hold, and drag to time line. You should have only the selected area on the time line.

Method 2. Use this one if you want to apply a standard filter effects to all the clip first. Drag the whole clip to time line. Apply any common effects (brightness, color correction, etc. Shuttle time line cursor to point at point you want to split. When done with that, select razor tool from tool window, superimpose over clip at the cursor point. You will notice the editor assists by indicator that you are over the cursor point. Click to split the clip.
Old January 20th, 2007, 07:29 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrison Hayes
I'm struggling the most as it come to simple effects, like Flm Fade (In Avid) and splitting my video into two halves (The 'H' key in Avid).
Use the Razor tool to click on a clip in the timeline and split it. Or press ctrl+k to split clips on all tracks at the CTI.

When I moved from Premiere to Avid, it took me a while to figure out that 'H' is Avid's "Razor tool"...

I don't think Premiere has a "Film Fade" effect.
Yossi Margolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2007, 09:49 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossi Margolin
Use the Razor tool to click on a clip in the timeline and split it. Or press ctrl+k to split clips on all tracks at the CTI.

When I moved from Premiere to Avid, it took me a while to figure out that 'H' is Avid's "Razor tool"...

I don't think Premiere has a "Film Fade" effect.
Wow...we're going to have to talk further...thanks for the info. Could you send me a legend for The whole keyboard!? lol
Old January 21st, 2007, 12:22 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrison Hayes
Wow...we're going to have to talk further...thanks for the info. Could you send me a legend for The whole keyboard!? lol
Legend for the keyboard is hidden under "Help" and then "Keyboard"
Rob Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2007, 12:35 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Premiere Pro keyboard shortcuts

Thanks to Steven Gotz -

http://www.stevengotz.com/pdf/permie...rtcuts-v2a.pdf
Yossi Margolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2007, 04:33 PM   #8
Trustee

Garrison,

You have two choices. Learn the Premiere Pro shortcuts, or say to heck with it and set the keyboard to mimic Avid Express.

Under Edit > Keyboard Customization, select the top choice of the dialog box to read "Sortcuts for AVID Express DV 3.5" and go on about your business like you never switched.
Old January 21st, 2007, 09:51 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Gotz
Garrison,

You have two choices. Learn the Premiere Pro shortcuts, or say to heck with it and set the keyboard to mimic Avid Express.

Under Edit > Keyboard Customization, select the top choice of the dialog box to read "Sortcuts for AVID Express DV 3.5" and go on about your business like you never switched.
Oh Wow! Thanks Steve.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite