Premier to turn off after current render. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 24th, 2007, 04:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Premier to turn off after current render.

Is there a way to close down the PC after PPro completes the current render? My PC finishes rendering most mornings at 4am, and I then want it to turn off the PC at that time. Even some freeware packages I use have this facility, but not my PPro. Any ideas?

Thanks

Steve
Old January 24th, 2007, 05:00 PM   #2
Major Player

If you know that the render will always finish before, say, 4am, you could set up a Windows task that simply turns the machine off. (There is a command line program that lets you turn off the machine - can't recall what it is right now)

Otherwise, you'd probably need to have another program running whose sole purpose in life is to see (a) if Premiere is running and (b) how much CPU time it is using. When the CPU usage drops to a low value, this can be taken to mean rendering is done. The monitoring program would then shut down the system.

I'm sure something like that must exist and, hopefully, my post will jog someone else's memory....
John Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2007, 05:02 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for the speedy reply, John.

I think you are spot on with the first point. I do remember the 'tasks' manager function. I'll search for a program to run that closes down the PC. Failing that I could always drag out Visual Basic...... I know that has a subroutine to call to close the PC down.

Many thanks for the food for thought.

Cheers

Steve
Old January 24th, 2007, 05:21 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Looks like there is a stand alone prog that may do the job......

Shut UP! is a tray-based tool that can reboot or shut down your PC at the time(s) you specify. Just select the time of the day and check off the day(s) of the week you want your computer to close down or restart; Shut UP! takes care of the rest. The program sports an easy-to-understand interface and supports an unlimited number of exit events.

http://www.sharewareconnection.com/shut-up.htm

Many thanks for the idea, John.

Cheers

Steve

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite