DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Bad Output from Premiere Pro (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/85187-bad-output-premiere-pro.html)

Alexey Mordovin January 30th, 2007 06:17 AM

Bad Output from Premiere Pro

I have a problem when trying export files from Premiere Pro 2.0 with Adobe Media Encoder. Using different settings I 've got two types of results - 1. *.m2t files with not very good picture 2. *.mpg files with good picture but very slow playback in Windows Media Player. Other HD stuff almost always has normal playback on my computer.
So these results are very confusing... How to fix it? Do I need some plug-in?

Steven Gotz January 30th, 2007 08:00 AM

What is the ultimate goal? Playback on your PC?

If so, export to WM9 using about 8Mbps for a start. If not, tell us what you really want. Neither M2T or MPG is probably right for you.

Alexey Mordovin January 30th, 2007 08:30 AM

The most ultimate goal is adding some effects, color corrections etc. and burning film on Blu-ray. But it 'll be possible if the guys who asked us to make this film have Blu-ray player. If not then we'll make SD film for them and store HDV variant. That's it.

Steven Gotz January 30th, 2007 08:39 AM

I see. The best solution for you is probably to export it back to the camera. Whatever program you have that authors a Blu-Ray disk will probably like the M2T file right off of the camera. Or, you may have to recapture it.

How are you planning on authoring the disk?

Alexey Mordovin January 30th, 2007 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Gotz
I see. The best solution for you is probably to export it back to the camera. Whatever program you have that authors a Blu-Ray disk will probably like the M2T file right off of the camera. Or, you may have to recapture it.

How are you planning on authoring the disk?

I'm planning to use DVDit Pro HD. It doesn't recognize m2t but after canging m2t to mpg it does.
And what the method of exporting to camera? Will I anyways have to render my project to some file?

Steven Gotz January 30th, 2007 09:33 AM

I don't understand your question. If you got the footage from a camera, you should be able to put it back. Check it out by connecting the camera to the HDTV. If you like that, capture it to a new file and use that in your DVDit Pro HD by changing the name.

I don't have that app but it looks like it should accept files captured directly from the camera.

Alexey Mordovin January 30th, 2007 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Gotz
I don't understand your question. If you got the footage from a camera, you should be able to put it back. Check it out by connecting the camera to the HDTV. If you like that, capture it to a new file and use that in your DVDit Pro HD by changing the name.

I don't have that app but it looks like it should accept files captured directly from the camera.

But I don't just want put footage from a camera somewhere - this footage will be edited - not just cut but also with transitions and so on. So I need to author this new footage to Blu Ray. The file I got after rendering by Premiere Pro doesn't have quality good enough or I have troubles with playback... This is the problem

Steven Gotz January 30th, 2007 10:21 AM

You said you could not export from Premiere Pro to a M2T file that you like. So I said try puting it back to the camera to see if you like that quality. If you do, then you are probably exporting the M2T file wrong. If you are using the Adobe Media Encoder then you are doing it wrong.

I have Cineform Aspect HD so I can export to a M2T file. I don't know that you can even do that without the plugin. So the solution is to export back to tape, then recapture to a new file.

Use the new file in your program.

Chris Barcellos January 30th, 2007 10:42 AM

Alexey:

I am not sure why you are having such a problem. Sounds like it might be a hardware issue. It could be your system just can't handle the playback requirements of .m2t codec. As I understand it, it does require your system to, in layman's , "calculate" continuous to output the video. As I understand it, you do not have the full information for each frame, so the computer supplies based on a fixed set of rules. So if you have a shortage of memory, or processor is slow, you will have a problem. Also, I also understand that Premiere can utilize your video card assets in its operations.

Despite that, I do fine with an AMD 3800+ Dual core system, with 2 gigs of memory, and a generic ATI X700 video card with 256 mgs of memory on board.

To play back .mt2 files, I get best results in playing back outside of the Premiere Pro 2.0. I will render the final .m2t file, minimize Premiere, then play it on Windows Media Player of VLC.

To store back to my FX1, I simply open a new sequence in the project I am working on, drag the final edited .m2t file to the time line, and export to tape. It does still have to go through a render process to prepare the transfer to tape.

When you render .m2t projects to a final .m2t, you need to make sure of the final output. I am not at my editing office now, but there is a slider under the video tab that you need to slide all the way to five to get best results. I think Premiere defaults it to 2.5, but the video doesn't look good at that setting.

One other thing. Make sure you are selecting the proper output preset. I got confused with HD and HDV 1080i initially, and ended up with some weird outputs.