upgrading PP 1.5 -> 2.0 ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old February 9th, 2007, 04:22 AM   #1
Regular Crew

upgrading PP 1.5 -> 2.0 ?

First of all: I am very pleased witm my PP 1.5. But histoy tells me I'm inevetably "left behind" - slow but steadily as to what is beeing focused on the various forums. So until now i've been upgrading , upgrading and upg.. again and again. Technologi has clearly improved - but despite all the new tech-options i've been offered my home-made-just -for -pleasure movies still remains more ore less the same in terms og quality and general amusement.
I've just upgraded my cam to a sony a1(e) but will probably continue to stick with my DV preferences and thus to at least a minor extent go for HDV preferences.
And muliticam : nope . And sound: pleased as it is. So why all theese words ?
Could anyone give me 1 or maybe 2 GOOD qualified reasons - beyond the points mentioned above - to upgrade.
Idar Lettrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 08:14 AM   #2
Major Player

I would wait and see what the new version looks like in a few months.
Lloyd Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 08:46 AM   #3
Inner Circle

I can't think of one good reason for you to upgrade.

Mike
Old February 9th, 2007, 09:23 AM   #4
Inner Circle

A warm welcome from the warm South, to you in cold Norway!

I would not upgrade, Idar, there is no reason. Besides, you're just fine editing HD with 1.5, if you don't need speed, as you mention you probably have no work volume at all, being all just for your own pleasure. If I would be you, I would wait until I really feel the urge to work HD... by then, we'll probably have PPRO3, 4... who knows... 5? There's plenty of fun in 1.5!
Old February 9th, 2007, 11:02 AM   #5
Regular Crew

A warm welcome from the warm South, to you in cold Norway!
I would not upgrade, Idar, there is no reason. ....

thanks for reminding me of where I live..... beyond the arctic circle! right now there is 4 ft of snow and a blistering gail ouside - but spectaluar i.e unbeatable conditions for filming :-)
And yes - as you say - I assume there is little or no reason to upgrade. And I like to hav it conformed, but..
To me - as just a little bit more than a casual user - it seems like very much of theese upgrade regimes more reflects the industry's need for revenues than urgent need from then end marked
Idar Lettrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 12:05 PM   #6
Major Player

If PrPro 1.5 is working for you then stay with it. I upgraded from 1.5 because of memory leak issues when rendering out a 2hr segment to MPEG2 or any other format for that matter. Reluctantly upgraded after spending a number of hours trying trying to troubleshoot the problem (XP, SP2, codecs, etc). In the end it was worth the upgrade. I love the interface and I guess the "non-conforming" of the audio is worth mentioning, but it still generates Pek files for the visual reference of the audio. To agree with previous posts, I'd wait until version 3 before even considering upgrading.

Kevin
Kevin Janisch is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite