FX560 or 2 Geforce 6600? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old February 16th, 2007, 01:42 AM   #1
Trustee

FX560 or 2 Geforce 6600?

Hi,

I already have a Geforce 6600 on my pc but whenever I start the computer a pop up msg comes out and says something like "your multi sli has been disabled. to take better advantage use 2 graphic cards". I was pondering to buy an FX560 (which is like 280$) but now I started thinking that maybe I'll have better results with 2 Geforce 6600. I don't know much about graphic cards, so, can anyone enlighten me?
Rafael Lopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2007, 11:35 AM   #2
Trustee

Come on, fellas, this is not a hard one for the experts....
Rafael Lopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2007, 08:15 PM   #3
Trustee

Yup it is indeed an easy one. You have a driver version with a known bug (google the message you get, if you want conformation of that).

Update to the latest drivers and the message will cease.
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2007, 02:36 PM   #4
Major Player

I am curious as well to which is better. -But i can tell you that I have a Quadro FX560 and it is good for video editing in premiere. As far as I know, Its my understanding -Ive been told - that for video editing in premiere - you will have no performance gain with anything better than a FX560. But if your doing after effects work, or 3D stuff you could use something more powerful for the 3D and open GL work that would render faster and stuff. Thats what Ive been told. Anyone back me up?
Old February 19th, 2007, 03:19 PM   #5
Trustee

I'm not sure why Rafael was thinking of two 6600s. Both the FX560 and the 6600 support the same configuration: either two monitors, or one monitor plus HDTV via component.
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite