20 FPS in PremPRO ?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old February 18th, 2007, 02:51 PM   #1
Trustee

20 FPS in PremPRO ??

Hi guys

Could anyone tell me whether I can set up 20 FPS in PremPRO and then export to quicktime at the same frame rate. I have gone through the custom setup and still can't seem to set it up....

Cheers in advance it will be such a help if I can.

Mat
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2007, 04:19 PM   #2
Trustee

Generally people edit at a "normal" frame rate and then export at something less than that. I don't believe that what you are asking for is possible.
Old February 18th, 2007, 05:27 PM   #3
Trustee

Ok...thanks for your response. To fill you and everyone in on what I'm doing. I essentially have a number of tga sequences (3D animated images) that I need to edit a number of cuts into and produce a finished .mov file.

The animation was done at 20fps. So i just need a way to maintain that into a .mov file to make sure the animation runs at the correct rate...

Does this help anymore??

The .mov output settings don't seem to have 20fps ...hhhmm?
Old February 18th, 2007, 06:02 PM   #4
Trustee

In that case, I highly recommend using After Effects to do the editing and exporting. It is not an NLE, but you can set the comp and the output to 20 frames per second without a problem.
Old February 18th, 2007, 07:24 PM   #5
Major Player

If you've still got the files as the original images why don't you just import them all as images of .05 second duration? That will work out to 20fps irrespective of what your sequences frame rate is (assuming it's more than 20fps).

I mean, the only place you'd be delivering the final product screening at 20fps would be on the web right? All other delivery formats are going to need to be at 25 PAL/29.98 NTSC or something else for HD? (And 24fps for film)
Craig Parkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2007, 04:23 AM   #6
Trustee

Hi guys.

Thanks for the responses.

Craig, I'm not sure I understand completely what you mean. The animation frame rate is 20fps, there is 3 shots which just need simple cuts and exporting as a mov file at 20fps.

Yep its for a website intro an client spec'd 20fps.

Cheers
Mat
Old February 20th, 2007, 07:48 PM   #7
Major Player

Hey Mat - sorry, I think I misread your original post. I thought you were importing a series of still images as a sequence rather than footage that had already been compressed into a movie file.

As you are exporting for web your needs are probably a little different from what I'm used to (mainly working in the video realm.)
Craig Parkes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite