DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Need advice on Green Screen project (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/86859-need-advice-green-screen-project.html)

Harry Lender February 18th, 2007 10:44 PM

Need advice on Green Screen project

I am shooting a newsroom type production for my company. There will be three commentators setting behind a desk. I will be using a green screen as a background so that I can key it out later in post production. I will be editing with Premiere Pro 1.5. I’m trying locate a free newroom set that I can use. Does anyone know where I can obtain one. I’m on a limited budget but if I have to pay maybe I can. Anyway here’s the 2nd problem…If I want to move in for a tight shot of any of the commentators I’ll have to adjust the background newsroom set being that it’s a separate track. What’s the best way to do that? Does anyone have that experience?
Thanks in advance

Harry

Harm Millaard February 19th, 2007 04:39 AM

It is not free, but worth every penny: Ultra2 and their Master Set Libraries. Keys fabulously and gives you the newsroom set, including tracking shots. Have a look at the SeriousMagic site.

Harry Lender February 19th, 2007 08:02 AM

Ultra by Serious Magic is great no doubt however at $499 it's over my budget. Maybe sometime in the furture.
Thanks for the reply

Best
Harry

Tim Kolb February 19th, 2007 10:18 AM

Have you checked with any local TV stations to see if you could simply rent their studio during their news downtime? It would probably have to ba an overnight shoot...but it may fit into your bidget, and it gets rid of the issue with closeups, etc...

Tyson Persall February 19th, 2007 02:22 PM

Ultra 2 composites looked soft to me - as if they lost some sharpness and resolutions. but I was using the demo version so maybe if I bought it it would look good. Otherwise I get great results with "DVmatte Pro" for after effects. Keylight is good also.
Shoot your greenscreen as bright and consistent even color as possible. Shooting with sunlight - if possible - can provide the best results.

James Huenergardt February 20th, 2007 12:20 AM

You won't get very good results just using Premiere Pro. You really need something like After Effects Pro with Keylight.

If you have that combo, you could see if you could grab a few shots of a newsroom with your digital camera and then put them in. You'd want to light your green screen commentators the same as the newsroom photo is lit, or it will really look fake.

The problem with Premiere Pro is you don't have the control you need with masks and color correction etc.

Your best bet would be to try and rent a newsroom for an evening, that would look the most real and be very friendly in post production.

Practical effets, if you can afford them, and usually better than visual effects, and they are less post production intensive.

If you must use Premiere and you can't rent the newsroom, try the photo deal. If you plan it properly, you might be able to pull it off well.

If you can afford it, buy Stu Maschwitz's book 'The DV Rebel's Guide'. It's awesome and will teach you about camera AOV and camera height and angle to help you match your shots.

Hope this helps,

Jim