Image Matte + Widescreen = Problems! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old February 26th, 2007, 04:31 AM   #1
Major Player

Image Matte + Widescreen = Problems!

In PremierePro 1 AND 2, I am having a problem where I bring in an image matte into widescreen footage, but the frame/picture is always smaller than the movie (width-wise). a tad annoying!! it's as if the image matte is 4:3 ratio.

Is it a bug in the program? Am I doing something wrong?

I've tried making matte pictures of various sizes and ratios in PPro and Photoshop and I always get the same thing!

Anyone with the same problem, or advice to help me out??

cheers
Richard Wakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2007, 10:10 AM   #2
Trustee

You're probably using a template in Photoshop with a preset that uses a 1.33 (or 1.78?) pixel aspect. In Premiere, right-click on the image matte you're using and select "Interpret Footage..." then change the ratio to 16:9.

In the future, if you want to completely avoid this, use a 1920x1080 canvas with square pixels for HDV, or 854x480 for DV. Since the default interpretation is square pixels, it will default to the correct aspect.
Old February 26th, 2007, 10:24 AM   #3
Major Player

hi ben

cheers for your reply...I know about 'intepreting' footage+pics in PP and PS but u can't seem to do that in the image matte process....

but cheers for the pixel dimensions...i suppose all i can do is keep trying, but all it ever seems to do with any image of any size/ratio is shrink it back down to 4:3 aspect

if anyone can possibly try it out to see if it's just me going mad, i'll be very grateful!
Richard Wakefield is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite