Sequences need rendering again? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old February 27th, 2007, 08:33 AM   #1
Major Player

Sequences need rendering again?

Hi, I have PPro 1.5 project containing a series of sequences which are all rendered with no problems.

I then imported all the sequences into another sequence assuming that as they were already rendered, to render this compilation sequence would take a matter of seconds, not so, it seems everything has to be rendered again..?
Dan Burnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2007, 02:09 PM   #2
Inner Circle

My understanding is that with any NLE the clips in your timeline are really just sets of instructions about where to go and what to do with the data to render a project. It's all virtual until you output to a file...

But I could be misinformed...
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2007, 04:13 AM   #3
Major Player

If you copy/paste it will remain rendered but if you insert a sequence into another sequence, then it will have to render again.

It's a hindrance unfortunately.
Bart Walczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2007, 11:31 AM   #4
Major Player

Thanks chaps
Dan Burnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2007, 01:24 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart Walczak View Post
If you copy/paste it will remain rendered but if you insert a sequence into another sequence, then it will have to render again.
I whish I knew this last night... I knew it won't re-render if I copy and paste, used that in the past, but "it didn't click" why it's re-rendering when nesting a sequence into another one. I was working on a DVD directly from inside PPRO 2.0 and having my movie broken up into shorter sequences, it was the only way I was able to do it.

Oh well, this is why I spend time on this forum... to learn... Luckily I had other things to do in the meantime so I just let PPRO to do it's thing; it dind't take an awful lot.
Old February 28th, 2007, 04:54 PM   #6
Trustee

Nested sequences require rendering. That is "As Designed". But hopefully will be one of the design changes eventually, if not the next release.
Old March 1st, 2007, 08:22 AM   #7
Trustee

At least when you move a pre-rendered clip on the same timeline, it keeps all or a portion of the preview. It wasn't the case before. So, yes, would be nice to have clip reference back to their previews when nested.
Old March 1st, 2007, 05:01 PM   #8
Major Player

My project was made up of 24 songs filmed from a concert. I split them up into a sequence for every show just to make my life simpler and faster. For the final output though I just wanted one avi of the whole lot, hence why I was importing sequences into one back-to-back.

In the end I gave up after an estimated rendering time of about 60 years and took advantage of Encore 2's 'playlist' feature using the individual song avi's, saved a of time and I didnt have to insert chapters markers either.
Dan Burnap is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite