DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   exporting problems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/87712-exporting-problems.html)

Andzei Matsukevits February 27th, 2007 03:34 PM

exporting problems

I use raylight to edit my mxf footage. Finally my project is done and i want to export it in full resolution and full quality. I cant do it in uncompressed microsoft AVI. It renders well until some certain frames, then stops and says unknown error. I have reinstalled both programs, and tried re-export many times, each time it stops on the same frame. So there must be something wrong with rayligt.

One way i found to work well is to export my project in Targa sequence, then import it on timeline and export it again, this time in uncompressed microsoft AVI. Im just concerned, if i will lose any quality while exporting into Tga?

Have any of you had same problem?

Peter Ferling March 1st, 2007 08:04 AM

PPro is having serious memory issues. I cannot use large tiffs without having memory spikes that causes failure or app hangs. I have to convert the tiffs to high-rez jpegs to keep the memory usage down. In some cases, I have to render out the troubled spots as individual avi's, add them back into the timeline on a new layer, and disable the original clip.

The other fix is to break the project down into smaller chunks or scenes and render. Then import those chunks into a new project, assemble and re-render. Nuts.

While rendering, open up the task manager and watch the performance tab, see what happens to the memory usage when you hit these troubled areas.

Marcus van Bavel March 1st, 2007 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andzei Matsukevits (Post 632952)
I use raylight to edit my mxf footage. Finally my project is done and i want to export it in full resolution and full quality. I cant do it in uncompressed microsoft AVI. It renders well until some certain frames, then stops and says unknown error. I have reinstalled both programs, and tried re-export many times, each time it stops on the same frame. So there must be something wrong with rayligt.

One way i found to work well is to export my project in Targa sequence, then import it on timeline and export it again, this time in uncompressed microsoft AVI. Im just concerned, if i will lose any quality while exporting into Tga?

Have any of you had same problem?

I think this issue was mostly settled with DVFilm Support. The correct settings for export are "Microsoft AVI", Compression = "None", "Millions of colors". This gives you uncompressed RGB, no alpha channel.

The other setting he was using was for uncompressed YUV, and I think it is due to a bug in PPro but not sure.

Several bugs in PPro 2 with frame sequences, we have to go back to Premiere 6 when we need to do that. The various "Microsoft AVI" formats are better with PPro 2, including Raylight compression and, when you need it, compression = "None"

Andzei Matsukevits March 2nd, 2007 07:58 AM

ok, looks like premiere has some bugs. Have you heard anything of new Premiere, is it coming?

Marcus van Bavel March 2nd, 2007 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andzei Matsukevits (Post 634606)
ok, looks like premiere has some bugs. Have you heard anything of new Premiere, is it coming?

LOL SOmething new is always coming, and count on there being a fresh load of bugs with it.

Every version of Premiere, and every other editing program I have used, has bugs in it.

Premiere is still a remarkably good and useful program and we use it every day in our post facility.

Carl Mischke April 10th, 2007 04:49 AM

"Error compiling movie. Unknown error"

1 Attachment(s)
I keep getting this short little error message: "error compiling movie. Unknown error" --- irrespective of what codec I'm trying to render out on (from Quicktime to AVI). For the most part, PP2 renders fine, but its only around the last couple of frames that it stops and gives this message.

I've just tried rendering a 45min project out to Quicktime 7 and got the same problem. It's no different with AVI. Also turned on (and then off) the Windows 3 GB switch to see if that had any effect (I've got a total of 4GB RAM in here). No other applications were running (Virus scan was turned off) and the computer was taken off the network. I love PP 2 to bits, but this is driving me nuts.
Because I'm using the Production Studio Premium, uninstalling is a large-scale undertaking (involving re-installing all the After Effects plugs as well) that I would rather avoid. The Vegas 7 trial that I'm running does not have the same problem.
Any suggestions?

Carl, Jo'burg

Marcus van Bavel April 10th, 2007 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Mischke (Post 657304)
I keep getting this short little error message: "error compiling movie. Unknown error" --- irrespective of what codec I'm trying to render out on (from Quicktime to AVI). For the most part, PP2 renders fine, but its only around the last couple of frames that it stops and gives this message.

I've just tried rendering a 45min project out to Quicktime 7 and got the same problem. It's no different with AVI. Also turned on (and then off) the Windows 3 GB switch to see if that had any effect (I've got a total of 4GB RAM in here). No other applications were running (Virus scan was turned off) and the computer was taken off the network. I love PP 2 to bits, but this is driving me nuts.
Because I'm using the Production Studio Premium, uninstalling is a large-scale undertaking (involving re-installing all the After Effects plugs as well) that I would rather avoid. The Vegas 7 trial that I'm running does not have the same problem.
Any suggestions?

Carl, Jo'burg

This is a well-known bug in Premiere. Our workaround here is we open the project, or files, with After Effects and do the export from AE.

Carl Mischke April 10th, 2007 10:28 AM

Oh, no ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus van Bavel (Post 657399)
This is a well-known bug in Premiere. Our workaround here is we open the project, or files, with After Effects and do the export from AE.

Thanks for the workaround. Just seems like crazy to do some detailed work in AfterEffects in the first place (eg some Psunami Animations), link to it in PremPro 2 (or even render it out and import as avi into Premiere) then go back to After Effects for a render!
Now I know why I'm downloading the Sony Vegas demo right now ... :|

Carl, Jo'burg