Audition Premiere crossover at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old April 14th, 2007, 11:52 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Audition Premiere crossover

Hi,
can someone explain how to get a project being developed in AE7 or PPro2.0 into Audition? I know there are a million different workflows out there and every body has their preference for editing, audio mastering, etc. I am just starting out and I can't get it just right when it comes to the steps which would give me the best flexibility and ease of edit. In one of my projects i have tried editing in PPro, exporting the audio (dialogs, ambient sound, no sound affects or background music, to be used in Audition). Import the project in AE, do more manipulations, fades, what-not. Then comes the audio nightmare. It's one single track, not separate tracks as they were in PPro project. So now i edit the audio, remove some noise, maybe add sound effects... although, i would much rather add effects in AE. Why wouldn't I, it has markers that i put as i preview. It's slow, yes. And from what i read AE is the wrong application to master audio. That brings me back to Audition. Do i write down my markers on a sheet of paper, go to Audition and add my effects (example car door shut at 1:13;23 ) ?
And now what happens when I decide to go back to the edit in the original PPro project and start mucking around with the project again?

How do you guys go it?
Yev Belman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2007, 12:04 PM   #2
Trustee

I cut in Premiere Pro. I then bring the video into After Effects for any work that needs to be done there. I then bring that back into Premiere Pro.

The audio then gets exported one track at a time to be brought into Audition. I do what needs to be done then I export from Audition to Premiere Pro. I don't replace the original audio, I just mute it and use the new single track.

If I need to make changes, I can do it with the new track, or I can start over with the individual tracks.

I have been known to export it all out as separate tracks from Audition if I think changes will be likely.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite