Premiere Pro CS2 crashing - Help at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old June 1st, 2007, 08:28 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Premiere Pro CS2 crashing - Help

I have Premiere Pro installed on my laptop. I created a test project and all was fine. I then tried to open a project I had connected via firewire. It came up asked for a file and crashed. Now it comes boots up to the Write_On.aex and then I have a blank screen. I've tried opening other projects, deleting the pref file, holding the shift key while booting, disabling the audio codecs, all with no success. I am on the road for 4 weeks and need to be able to edit. Anyone had similar problems or have any ideas?
Janice DeMille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2007, 10:10 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Solution found

I guess I just searched right today. I have been trying to solve this problem for a couple of days now. The answer is at - http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled....cfm?id=332888

fyi - my issue was a blank screen when Premiere loaded followed by having to do a hard reboot - updating the driver fixed my issue

From Adobe.....

Issue

When you start Adobe Audition, Adobe Encore DVD, Adobe Premiere Elements, or Adobe Premiere Pro, one or more of the following occurs:

-- The system reboots followed by the warning message, "The system has recovered from a serious error".

-- The system displays the blue-screen error message, "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down..." "Stop: 0X000000C5" or "Stop: 0x0000008E"

Details

You use a Realtek High Definition Audio integrated sound card (part of the motherboard chipset) as the primary sound card.

Note: This sound card is also referred to as Intel High Definition Audio.

Solution: Install an updated Realtek device driver.

Download version R1.33 (or later) of the Realtek device driver installer from the Realtek website at www.realtek.com.tw.

Note: Previous versions of this driver may not fix this problem. Make sure that you download version R1.33 of the installer or later, and the driver version installed is 5.10.0.5229 or later.

To check the driver version:

1. Select Start > Settings > Control Panel > System.

2. From the System Properties window, select the Hardware Tab and click the Device Manager button to open the Device Manager window.

3. Click the "+" next to the listing "Sound, Video and game controllers" to expand the section.

4. Right-click on the Realtek High Definition Audio item and choose Properties.

5. Click the Driver tab and verify that the Driver Version is 5.10.0.5229 or later.

6. Close the Device Manager and System Properties windows.

see website for more info http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowled....cfm?id=332888
Janice DeMille is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite