Ppro 2.0 - Best way to de-yellow the image at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old June 4th, 2007, 01:26 PM   #1
Major Player

Ppro 2.0 - Best way to de-yellow the image

I forgot to white balance, so the video is very yellowy. Whats the best way in Premiere to correct it so its not yellow? Using RGB to change yellow has got me baffled.
Old June 4th, 2007, 03:31 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Nathan,

Drop Fast Color Corrector or Three-Point Color Corrector on your clip. Find a highlight that you know is supposed to be white; a piece of paper, a white t-shirt, etc. Click the eye dropper next to White Balance under your Color Corrector settings. Position it on what you decided is white, hold in CTRL, click your left mouse button, and release CRTL.
Old June 5th, 2007, 09:10 AM   #3
Major Player

Theres no white in the shot ;) I used the RGB one, lowered the red a bunch and upped the blue....is this a correct way of doing it?
Old June 5th, 2007, 10:27 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Quattrini View Post
Theres no white in the shot ;) I used the RGB one, lowered the red a bunch and upped the blue....is this a correct way of doing it?
Nathan, if you are the shooter, it's important that you learn color temperature and switch to the proper setting as shooting conditions change. Don't trust the camera's auto balance. If your camera has presets you can adjust, set one of them to 3200 for tungsten-lit shots, one of them to 3700 for flourescent or mixed source shots, and one of them to 5500 for daylight shots. If you can't adjust presets, always bring with you an opaque white reference and set the camera's autobalance to that reference by zooming in all the way on the sheet of paper or whatever it is. You'll have to do this everytime your lighting conditions change.

As for getting it out with RGB or curves, you'll have to ask someone else. I stick with the color wheel. To correct your footage, drop the FAST COLOR CORRECTOR on the clip, open up the properties under EFFECT CONTROLS set your BALANCE ANGLE to somewhere between 0 and 36 (it'll depend on how warm your footage is), manually drag the circle in the color wheel (BALANCE MAGNITUDE) out to about 50 so that it is VERY blue, and slowly work your way back towards the center until it's just a little more blue than you'd want it. Then, adjust your BALANCE GAIN by dragging it to the left toward 0. This will decrease the power of the blue. Hopefully, this will give you a nice, color balanced shot.

If this does not work for you or you are having a tough time figuring your way around Fast Color Corrector, E-mail or PM me and I'll help you out from my own system.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite