How to capture two seperate sound tracks at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old June 6th, 2007, 11:09 PM   #1
Regular Crew

How to capture two seperate sound tracks

I shot video with my Canon XL2 and had Audio 1 for one mic and Audio 2 for the second mic. How do I capture it in Premiere to get two seperate tracks so I can pick which one I want. I am using PP 1.5

Thanks.
Alfred Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2007, 07:45 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I use Premiere 6.5 but maybe it's the same. Once you load the clips into the timeline, right click on the audio track and choose mute left or mute right (Premiere 5.1 Take Left or Take Right). Or you can access the audio filters and use panning, pan left or pan right. This will mute the track you don't want to use at that time. If you want to mix L and R with seperate tracks you would have to copy the first audio track into another track leaving the first one using one channel and the second the other channel. Then you could use the bands to fade back and forth or just cut back and forth.
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2007, 10:06 AM   #3
Major Player

If you mean you have two _pairs_ of audio tracks -- something that the XL1 is almost unique in being able to deliver -- you can't access the 2nd pair with Premiere. If you mean you have a single pair, one track is 'left' the other 'right' -- you'll have to duplicate the audio to another Premiere track, delete alternating halves and fill to the other.

If you do have two pairs of audio, use Scenalyzer Live for your capture and import to Premiere for editing. In fact you can use the demo version of ScLive just to get the audio ... it's nag method is to watermark the video, but the audio tracks are whole. Capture once with Premiere to get the video, capture again with ScLive to get the audio, merge the two on the timeline.

But ScLive is such a bargain I'd just buy it if it does the job for you.

GB
R Geoff Baker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite