DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Drivers to complete installation of Express? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/97427-drivers-complete-installation-express.html)

Mark Yang June 24th, 2007 10:16 PM

Drivers to complete installation of Express?

I recently installed premier express, but it won't run. It requires me to reinstall because my newly assembled computer doesn't have the correct sound drivers.

Does anyone know which drivers it is talking about and where to download them? Is the adobe website very helpful in these matters?

I do intend to upgrade to pro eventually.

Chris Soucy June 24th, 2007 10:21 PM

Hi Mark.

What operating system?

What sound system?

What motherboard?

What chipset?

With that lot maybe someone can point you in the right direction.

CS

Mark Yang June 24th, 2007 10:29 PM

The operating system is windows xp professional.

The mother board is ASUS P5N-E SLI LGA 775

I do not have a sound system hooked up to this computer, although I have some speakers labeled harman/kardon on my other computer.

Mark Yang June 24th, 2007 10:33 PM

The chipset is NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI

Chris Soucy June 24th, 2007 10:37 PM

Hi again.

The software needs either an on board (motherboard) sound chip OR a sound card plugged in with the correct drivers loaded. If you have neither, it's a non starter.

If you have on - board sound (I don't have an encylopedic memory for MoBo's) you need to enable it in the BIOS at startup and then ensure the appropriate drivers are loaded.

If there's no on - board sound, you'll need to buy a sound card (Soundblaster etc).

Make sense?

CS

Chris Soucy June 24th, 2007 10:39 PM

Ang again.

If the blurb for the MoBo lists "Audigy sound chip" amongst it's many attributes you're there.

CS

Chris Soucy June 24th, 2007 10:51 PM

Ok...........

You've got a Realtek chip in there. Check out the manual and see how to enable it (may be a jumper on the MoBo), then enable it in your Bios @ Startup if necessary.

It may require a Driver download from Asus, tho' there should have been drivers supplied with the MoBo, tho' they can usually be guaranteed to be out of date or not signed. Once that's running OK, un - install the editing software and give it another go.

If for any reason Premier still won't play ball (I know it accepts Sounblaster on - board but not about Realtek) it's back to buying a card (I think).

CS

Mark Yang June 25th, 2007 12:15 PM

I've downloaded the driver from ASUS (I don't know where the heck the mobo cd went) we'll see how it goes.

Mark Yang June 26th, 2007 05:35 PM

Success. Installed driver from ASUS and Premiere Express runs. So I won't have to by a sound card, at least not right away.

Chris Soucy June 26th, 2007 11:04 PM

Good to go...........

Glad to be of service.

CS