HD in PPro2, can i take into Encore to make SD DVD? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old June 27th, 2007, 08:29 AM   #1
Major Player

HD in PPro2, can i take into Encore to make SD DVD?

sorry, couldn't come up with a better subject line there :)

i've just seen a tutorial which shows me how to use my captured HD to make a GOOD-quality SD DVD...rather than render out the clip which would make a blurry and cra##y looking SD, you can quite simply use the 'straight to DVD' feature in PPro.
http://www.esnips.com/web/Premiere-Pro-2-Video-Tutes

trouble is, i don't like those PPro DVD templates, esp. now i'm used to Encore.

Can i use the .m2t file from PPro2 to make a GOOD-quality SD DVD in Encore? Anyone with experience of this?

(just read that you can export the PPro timeline straight into Encore in PPro CS3, which is great, but doesn't answer this problem)

p.s. i'm not willing to buy Cineform/Aspect HD etc, until i know for sure there ISN'T a free way of using my HD footage efficiently!
Richard Wakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 10:39 AM   #2
Trustee

There is no tutorial currently available at that link.

But all you have to do is import your HDV project into a SD project, open the original sequence, scale everything down, and export.

This is temporary since the softness was fixed in CS3.
Old June 29th, 2007, 01:44 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Export the resized HDV clip from within a SD project as MPEG2-DVD, and you will end up with 2 files, a .m2v video clip @ eg 720x576 and a .wav file. These files can now be imported into Encore. You can NOT import HDV footage into Encore...it needs to be resized to 720x bla bla bla.

The PP2 DVD menues can be customized, Open your DVD layout, choose a template, click on the dvd layout window and look in your Effects controls. There are options to import your own images and audio files, If you click on the titles in the dvd layout you can change the text aswell.

Oh and the link works fine.
Ivan Barbarich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 06:52 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Gotz View Post
This is temporary since the softness was fixed in CS3.
YAAAYYYY!!!
Brad Tyrrell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite