Premiere 2.0 export crashes at a single frame at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old June 27th, 2007, 08:54 PM   #1
New Boot

Premiere 2.0 export crashes at a single frame

To test Premiere's performance on HDV and on downconverted SD I opened a new project with HDV project settings and imported a number of short files I had captured using HDVsplit. I arranged these clips on the timeline and then attempted to export the timeline, using Export/Movie and Export/Adobe Media Encoder. Every time the rendering crashed at the same frame. So I went to that frame on the timeline, walking to it frame by frame from a few frames before, and Adobe crashed again.

Each of these crashes included a dialogue box announcing a serious error and requiring Premiere to shut down. If I went to a frame beyond the offending one and walked back frame by frame I could get to it okay. If I tried playing the timeline from anywhere before the offending frame, Adobe would crash.

The frame itself looks fine and is not a dropout; the motion is continuous and smooth across the bad frame.

What gives here? This was just an experiment but I'd not like to have anything similar happen on a real project.

Any help would be appreciated.

Richard L. Vaughan
Richard Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2007, 10:22 AM   #2
Trustee

Recapture that area of the tape and see if it still happens. Possible corrupt file?
Old June 29th, 2007, 02:02 PM   #3
New Boot

Recaptured file okay

Today I recaptured the entire 6 1/2 minute tape that contained the clip that (after being captured by HDVsplit) caused trouble yesterday. This time it exported without any problem.

Is it possible that HDVsplit occasionally returns a corrupt file?

Richard Vaughan
Richard Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 07:44 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Vaughan View Post
Is it possible that HDVsplit occasionally returns a corrupt file?
Richard Vaughan
I am wondering the same thing. I tried to export a sequence and I get the same error when the export gets to about 15%.
Duane Steiner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite