Trap for beginners. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old July 10th, 2007, 11:33 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Trap for beginners.

Don't try simply copying and pasting from timeline on one project to the timeline on another project, in my case a safety project I started and then forgot I was not working on the original.

All the development went into the safety project and when I exported to DVD-Video, - sound gone.

When I played back the timeline, same thing - sound gone. The tracks are there, the files are there, the clips themselves play fine, but the sound on the timeline has simply evaporated and of course with it all the assembly edit for sound.

If anyone has a solution for getting the sound back without having to re-assemble the clips, advice would be appreciated. I was able to get the master track back off the other project but the other tracks would have to be re-assembled.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2007, 03:35 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi Bob,

How's it going in WA?

The only thing I can think of, is to make the source clips go off line...Right click on the source video clip in your projects window and "Make offline..then select, media files remain on disk" (DO NOT SELECT "MEDIA FILES ARE DELETED"). This will change the source clip icon,then do the same and click "Link media" this will open your browser, so you can then search for the original Source file..This May fix it.
Ivan Barbarich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2007, 04:04 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Ivan.

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a shot.

I shot shadow footage on a Sony Z1 / Agus35 of a JVC HD100/Mini35 shoot on Sunday and was hoping to Youtube it tonight, however that schedule is drifting away as some other problems have raised their ugly scones, Mainconcept in particular.

Things which worked before without contention or dissent now won't budge without statements like buffer over-run or similar.

I am just hoping it is my mismanagement of the software and that nothing has begun to incrementally and slowly die in Windows XP.

Last edited by Bob Hart; July 11th, 2007 at 04:05 AM. Reason: error
Bob Hart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite