Project possibly corrupted, looking for opinions... - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old August 30th, 2007, 07:57 AM   #46
Major Player

If export to tape fails, and you can play the timeline (is it possible to WATCH it start to finish?) You can just play back the timeline and have a deck or camera record the DV in (hit record on the camera and jsut play the file back using the camera as a monitor)... then just capture the big file...

The other thing that works miracles is Debugmode Frameserver and Canopus ProCoder

Can be tricky to use but basically you go Export>Movie>Frameserver>select YUV> and then hit ok. The program starts "serving" your timeline. I'll explain in a moment. Procoder should start a render window in premiere, and then pop up a new screen that says "Serving" or something similar.

Now, open up Procoder 2.0 (it's a pay-program but you seem resourceful or it's not that expensive). You Import your source as the Debugmode AVI. There should be an AVI file which is actually a "server" link to your timline... neat huh?

Then you select your compression settings (HDV 720p, or whatever... even straight DVD Mpeg2 which procoder does well) and then click "Convert" in procoder (if only it had been that easy for Torquemada :P )

Anyway, Procoder then converts YOUR TIMELINE in premiere into the destination FILE. This is great because premiere doesn't have to encode anything! YAY!

Saved me a few times.

BTW. Frameserver is free. Do a search and it should pop right up.
Matthew Nayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2007, 11:23 AM   #47
Regular Crew

At an earlier stage, transferring the project to tape might have worked, but the timeline really didn't play too smoothly once all the effects and filters were put in. Also, the run time is almost a full two hours, so I would have had to split it onto two tapes- which wouldn't have been too big a deal, except that the audio is in 5.1 surround, so that would have been an issue.

Does the timeline need to play smothly for Procoder to work? Or can it just encode like Premiere used to? It doesn't matter if the project has corruption? Procoder almost sounds like a miracle. It's a little pricey, but I think I'd pay twice that much if it meant getting this project completed! (It's going to hurt the wallet a bit, but this whole thing has been an investment anyway.)

Mr. Wolla and Mr. Nayman, I appreciate the further input! Thank you very much! :)
Jonathan Pokay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2007, 05:57 PM   #48
Major Player

Procoder only encodes your timeline with the use of Frameserver... and no, your timeline doesn't need to play smoothly. Frameserver uses premiere to render files WHILE prodcoder is encoding. For some reason, it always glosses over errors and bad frames and such. I dunno how, but it has saved me many times.

Also, procoder is a great stand-alone product. Awesome for making Mpeg 2 files for DVD and for encoding into various HD formats.

It's a pro-level tool, but very very easy to use.
Old September 4th, 2007, 09:57 AM   #49
Regular Crew

I've had good results with Procoder as well, but it can take some tweaking to get it to look just right.

Another workaround suggestion. Break your timeline into smaller pieces - maybe 3 or 4 - with each piece in a separate sequence. Just copy/paste. Then try exporting each one of those sequences individually.

If that works, you may then be able to create another sequence, and reassemble those subclips on it and export the whole thing. Or you may want to try this first.
Will Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2007, 04:24 PM   #50
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Thompson View Post
Another workaround suggestion. Break your timeline into smaller pieces - maybe 3 or 4 - with each piece in a separate sequence. Just copy/paste. Then try exporting each one of those sequences individually.
I did try that at first, and was able to export the first two-thirds of it. Then all of a sudden the the exports began to fail, and no matter what settings I chose, everything always failed instantly. Rather frustrating, actually- the closer I got to finishing, the more corrupted the project got.

In any case, I'm waiting by the mailbox for my copy of Procoder to arrive, so let's see what happens. I'm not relishing the idea of starting all over again...
Old September 4th, 2007, 09:56 PM   #51
Regular Crew

Damn. And you've tried reimporting those sequences into a clean project?

Have I posted this link for you? http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc3c0d8

I apologize for the repost if I have, but it's a worthwhile app to try.
Will Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2007, 12:31 PM   #52
Major Player

Sometimes I think Premiere just enjoys not letting me finish my work. I think it gets a kick out of it to be honest.
Old September 6th, 2007, 07:00 PM   #53
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Thompson View Post
Damn. And you've tried reimporting those sequences into a clean project?

Have I posted this link for you? http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc3c0d8

I apologize for the repost if I have, but it's a worthwhile app to try.
That was one of the first things I tried- no luck (but thanks anyway!) :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Nayman View Post
Sometimes I think Premiere just enjoys not letting me finish my work. I think it gets a kick out of it to be honest.
Here's my general response to Adobe regarding this matter:
Click Here

(I'm still waiting by the mailbox, by the way.)
Old September 18th, 2007, 12:47 PM   #54
Regular Crew

Since I'm still waiting by the mailbox for a copy of Procoder 2.0 (and having gone through two vendors already) it appears that the 2.0 version (now discontinued) is incredibly difficult to obtain.

So I guess the logical question is: Will version 3.0 still do the same thing? I know that it probably should, but I'd hate to buy it and find that it doesn't work with Frameserver (or some other unforseeable element)

Ain't it amazing how hard this is turning out to be? LOL!
Old September 24th, 2007, 06:29 PM   #55
Regular Crew

Well, Procoder finally arrived... but it's 3.0. not the 2.0 I ordered...

(sigh) I have a compatibility question I'll post in another table here...

Last edited by Jonathan Pokay; September 24th, 2007 at 07:30 PM. Reason: (Didn't want to cross-post.)
Old October 6th, 2007, 04:20 PM   #56
Regular Crew

FINALLY got a copy of Procoder 2.0, and it works just the way it's supposed to... except that every file I export turns out just a 2-hour green screen. To be strictly accurate, I've exported three different files (AVI, HDV and MPEG2) and each one starts out fine, and within 30 seconds to 4:30 minutes the frame turns green and stays that way for the remainder of the clip.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is it just the corrupted files are too far gone to save this project? I'm going to try to export a few other file types for now (It's quite fast; too bad it's kinda for nothing.) and see if anything different happens.
Old October 6th, 2007, 09:10 PM   #57
Major Player

have you tried to sort out the media in the project?

This continues to sound like there's one bad media clip (or more) in the project.

If you simply go to the folder where all your media is, can you play each file back without a problem in media player?
Old October 6th, 2007, 11:28 PM   #58
Regular Crew

There have been a few points where failures seem consistent- I went and checked the original media in the folder- everything seems to play fine without any errors. Occasionally a clip might "stutter", but I played a few clips not located near any problem areas and they acted in a similar fashion.

I did try to redigitize a few clips way back, but replacing them seemed to have no positive effect.
Jonathan Pokay is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite