Emergency! Premiere Pro 2.0 will NOT open at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old July 21st, 2007, 11:03 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Emergency! Premiere Pro 2.0 will NOT open

Premiere Pro 2.0 will NOT open. All other Adobe programs are running fine. I have 6 projects in the works, no backups. Everything was running fine last night, then I go to open it tonight, and it stops loading and disappears as soon as it starts. Any help would be appreciated beyond words.
Benjamin Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2007, 11:07 PM   #2
Major Player

Hey Ben, have you tried rebooting? That's always the first thing I suggest with any computer problem.

Try Windows Restore to yesterday or whenever it last ran properly?

Beyond that, try running the installer again and picking repair.

If that doesn't work, uninstall, reboot, reinstall.

If that doesn't work, contact Adobe/check their forums.

Hope this gets you going. :)

Eric
Eric Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2007, 11:17 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hey Eric, thanks for the reply, reboot- I did, with no change, the other options I'm starting to run through now, but am worried that I might loose some Data, like the color correcting I was working on or the cuts in the timeline.

Thanks again for the help!

Ben
Old July 21st, 2007, 11:22 PM   #4
Major Player

Alright. Also, check in the folder where your project is and see if there's a backup/recover file in there. If so, make a duplicate of that, and of your main project too, just to be on the safe side. You can select both, right click and drag, then let go and pick Copy Here, to do that easily. (no copy/paste, rename etc).

Do you have auto saves enabled? I've made it a habit of hitting ctrl-s in whatever program I'm in after just about every mouse click. Anytime I stop to think for 1/2 a second, I hit save. Not that this helps now, but maybe auto-save saved you when you get it back up and running.

Are you trying to open PPro alone, or by loading the project and forcing the program to load?
Old July 24th, 2007, 02:47 PM   #5
Regular Crew

OK, this is getting really bad. I've, re-booted, restored windows, tried to repair, tried to uninstall then re-install again, I've checked their forums, Google'd it, and talked to them all morning(I'm currently on hold). Premiere Pro wont seem to re-install itself. I've made backups of everything. I'm currently trying to uninstall the studio to try to once again- re-install premiere pro 2.0. S.O.S.!
Old July 24th, 2007, 02:50 PM   #6
Major Player

Ugg, they have an Adobe uninstaller with 4 levels of uninstall. Levels 3 and 4 are unlisted in the help for it, but they might do the trick for you.

I saw it in an adobe forum but i don't remember the name of it. It's Adobe Uninstaller or something. free from them
Old July 24th, 2007, 02:54 PM   #7
Regular Crew

We uninstalled the entire studio then attempted reinstalling premiere pro, everything seemed to be going fine until we tried loading it, and again, it started for about a second then it reverted back to desktop. Thank you Eric for your timely and informative responses, we'll look into it.
Old July 24th, 2007, 02:58 PM   #8
Major Player

Oh man, that really stinks. DOS programs NEVER had these kinda problems! :)

Well, if you have another hard drive. I would pull out the C: drive, put the other in and install Windows and PPro on it, so at least you can get on with your work, without worrying about backup time, etc, etc, etc. Just a 20 gig drive or something will be fine.

Maybe that will help?
Old July 24th, 2007, 03:58 PM   #9
Regular Crew

So we were able to load premiere pro finally. It was a corrupt plug-in file call mc-mpeg-ccet.prm or something like that that was the glitch, we deleted the file, premiere open, then our files were all offlined, and we just are attaching them to their locations. Thank you so much, Eric, for your help.
Old July 24th, 2007, 03:59 PM   #10
Major Player

Oh wow, glad you tracked it down. How did you find out it was that? Empty plugins folder one by one or?

Hey no problem, that's why we're here :)
Old July 24th, 2007, 05:48 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Well, we kept noticing that when it began to start it would read of..Loading (something or other)... then it would show this file, then disappear. We had suspected it for a bit, but it took forever to figure out what it was, we couldn't read it because it would blip in and off so fast. So after seemingly hundreds of times of starring at it for a fraction of a second, we found out what it was, then ran a search and deleted it, crossed our fingers and wung it. And it worked.

So thanks again.
Old July 24th, 2007, 06:38 PM   #12
Major Player

Ahh very cool. Glad you got it worked out. :)

Anytime,
Eric
Old July 24th, 2007, 08:17 PM   #13
Major Player

Would that plugin happen to be the CCE encoder utility???
Peter Manojlovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2007, 01:12 PM   #14
Regular Crew

I just remember that it was in the plugin folder for premiere, we ran a search for it then were able to find it.
Benjamin Richardson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite