AJA Kona 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > AJA Io and Ki Pro

AJA Io and Ki Pro
...plus others from the AJA product line.

Old December 24th, 2007, 01:35 PM   #1
New Boot

AJA Kona 3

Hello my name is Juan Camara, Iam newbie on this so please pardon me the question. I have Macpro 8GB I have shooted with the sony hvr-v1u a brothers wedding, He bought me the Aja Kona 3 - Dual-Link HD/SD 10-bit I/O Card for FCP, my simple question is, when I need to capture the video I just connect the the deck or the camera to the fire wire of the macpro or What. Supose I only have the camera I just connect the camera to Macpro using final cut log and captureÇ Please someone help me
Juan Camara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2007, 06:51 AM   #2
Major Player

First in Final Cut press Control "8".
Once the digitize tool is open make sure the deck control at the bottom says "OK".

Then set an "In" and "out" point at the bottom.

Once the digitized material is captured, you can edit it in the source window by setting and in and out button. Then drag the edited material into the timeline. Repeat as necissary. Then, click on your timeline, and click, export for Compressor. Once it is compressed, open up DVD studio Pro, and import the M2V file and also the AC3 file, delete the menu and import the files into track one. Make sure that the track is set to "play first". Then burn DVD.

Hope this helps,
-C
Christopher Drews is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > AJA Io and Ki Pro