AJA IO and teribit hard disk recording ... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > AJA Io and Ki Pro

AJA Io and Ki Pro
...plus others from the AJA product line.

Old February 7th, 2008, 06:34 PM   #1
Major Player

AJA IO and teribit hard disk recording ...

I'm looking for someone familiar with the AJA IO and recording via that devise onto a hard disk recorder. Anyone have any info. There was suppose to be an article on this in one of the DV mags?
Dean Harrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2008, 10:51 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Dean,
i have some experience with this that i will share with you. We have a mobile setup and the great thing is that it's all recorded live to a G-SATA 1TB drive. When we are back in post we can just hook up the drive and we are ready to edit. Our setup is as follows:
1. AJA I/O HD
2. G-SATA 1TB drive via the FIRMTEK adapter (PC CARD)
3. MacBook Pro 2.33GHz
4. AJA HDP converter (DVI to HD-SDI)
5. Apple 23" HD Cinema Display (used as a playback monitor)
6. *Convergent Design HD Connect SI (this allows us to bring in the footage 1080i or 720p)
7. Canon XL H1 with HD-SDI outut
I have some test footage that you can view. It was tight shots testing the RedRock M2. http://www.grapeseeker.tv/XLH1.html
I hope this helps.
Old February 8th, 2008, 11:08 PM   #3
Major Player

thanks mate ...

that's exactly what I need to know!
Old April 22nd, 2008, 02:21 AM   #4
Major Player

AJA IO and teribit hard disk recording ...

Anyone using or thinking about using this (is it possible?) with the EX1? I know that Convergent Design is coming out with an MPEG 2 - 4.2.2 Flash card recorder later in the year but the AJA IO is out now.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 04:33 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I've been trying to find this out as well. Matrox new MXO2 box is probably even better for macbook pro owners if this workflow doesn't have any glitches.
Mike Testin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2008, 10:40 PM   #6
Regular Crew

here's mine

Sony Z-1 connects to http://www.miranda.com/product.php?i=337&l=1. Then HDSDI to monitor and to Aja IOHD to my MBP and then to a 4 drive esata raid 0. Capture to Pro Res Q.

Jeff
Jeff Mack is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > AJA Io and Ki Pro