Ki Pro shipping date? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > AJA Io and Ki Pro

AJA Io and Ki Pro
...plus others from the AJA product line.

Old August 31st, 2009, 05:28 AM   #1
Major Player

Ki Pro shipping date?

Hi Jon,
Have you any idea when the Ki Pro will be shipped?
When I placed my order in June it was due in the 2nd week in August and then the end of August, called the distributor today they had no idea. I sent email to your HQ received the standard acknowledgement that the email was received and nothing else.
This makes planning very difficult when AJA will not communicate with it's clients so last resort to ask on a public forum.
Lance Librandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2009, 06:39 PM   #2
AJA

Lance L. - Not sure what email you would have submitted your note to that would have resulted in an automated reply. Typically, someone on the staff will personally reply to such inquiries. Sorry if that did not happen in your case for some reason. In any event, Ki Pro will be shipping very, very shortly.

Regards,
Jon Thorn
Product Manager
AJA Video Systems, Inc.
California
Jon Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2009, 11:34 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks for your reply Jon.
I have events booked in two weeks where I had planed to use the unit and knowing the delivery would date will help us with resource allocation. I trust that the delays are not an indication of problems.
I really fail to understand all the secrecy surely communicating with your clients can only be good for business and image building of your brand.
Old September 1st, 2009, 12:09 AM   #4
Obstreperous Rex

Lance -- Jon's presence here is clearly indicative that he *is* communicating with AJA's customers.

Firm shipping dates and complex electronic devices are like oil and water; they don't mix well. And I'm sure that AJA would much rather ship sooner than later. Unfortunately there are a lot of barriers to be overcome though. They want you to have it just as eagerly as you do.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 07:47 AM   #5
Major Player

Chris I appreciate what your saying. I was again toady notified of further delays in delivery something to do with firmware. May I ask if this unit is so easy to upgrade the firmware by the end user then they should have released the KiPro by now and posted firmware upgrades and not held back distribution again.
AJA have a lot to learn about customer satisfaction pre sales and after sales service is what will win customers. What ever the issue is with the KiPro it’s too late for me I cancelled my order today.
Old September 9th, 2009, 12:38 PM   #6
Major Player

Lance,

Are you aware of the major thread going on the KiPro? It can be found here...

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/aja-io-k...ml#post1310975

The unit is apparently out in the channel now on it's way to resellers. AJA have been pretty up front about the progress of the unit from the start. I do agree they probably announced it too early but they, in my opinion, more than made up for it with an almost transparent process of updating here on the site. As well, when they were doing the dog & pony show (at least here in North America), they were clear, very clear, about what functionality was going to be there at the start and what was not.

Being a production device, it has to have a certain amount of proven functionality before it ships.
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2009, 08:07 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Stone View Post
Lance,

Are you aware of the major thread going on the KiPro? It can be found here...

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/aja-io-k...ml#post1310975

The unit is apparently out in the channel now on it's way to resellers. AJA have been pretty up front about the progress of the unit from the start. I do agree they probably announced it too early but they, in my opinion, more than made up for it with an almost transparent process of updating here on the site. As well, when they were doing the dog & pony show (at least here in North America), they were clear, very clear, about what functionality was going to be there at the start and what was not.

Being a production device, it has to have a certain amount of proven functionality before it ships.
Andrew I agree with you that AJA have been "almost transparent" I checked with the Australian distributor last week and I still get the same old quote as I got in August "we except delivery within the next two weeks". I am sorry I find it very hard to accept that a company the size of AJA can not give accurate information it's time for them to restore credibility.
Old October 6th, 2009, 12:50 AM   #8
AJA

See my post in the other thread regarding availability

Lance L. - See my post in the other thread regarding the fulfillment of Ki Pro units where I answered you. (Seems to be an overlapping of information I would provide here.)

You can also contact AJA directly with questions regarding fulfillment in addition to contacting the distributor in your region. Someone at AJA will be happy to try to help answer your questions. In all honesty, fulfillment is not my domain; product management doesn't track all of the sales and fulfillment data - too many other tasks to track!

For the record... I'm not sure how much more "transparent" I can be about providing information here... I literally post on weekends, at night... even from foreign countries after working a 20+ hour day. Sorry, not trying to give a "sob story" or an excuse but AJA is not a mega-corporation with an enormous staff... the roughly 120 employees that constitute the company all work very hard to support the products and the end users of the products. Sorry if we haven't measured up to your expectations.

Again, few posts from me of late due to my vacation and upcoming wedding.

Regards,
Jon Thorn
Product Manager
AJA Video Systems, Inc.
California
Jon Thorn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > AJA Io and Ki Pro