AJA Xena Lhe capture at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > AJA Io and Ki Pro

AJA Io and Ki Pro
...plus others from the AJA product line.

Old January 19th, 2010, 05:51 AM   #1
Tourist

AJA Xena Lhe capture

I want to make copy from VHS Tape to DVD, and I try to capture with Xena to make the AVI file.

I try to capture from VHS Tape Recorder with Xena Lhe from Y/CVPS in BNC connector. It is possible to capture via AV connector from VHS Tape recorder? When I try to capture with Machina Application in capture panel I get “No video imput” message.
Where I wrong? What is the workflow to do this?
Valentin Munteanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 01:32 PM   #2
AJA Video Systems

Valentin,

With a VHS deck, the XENA card should see either a Composite or S-Video signal that you can generate. However with a consumer deck like that there is no guarantee that the signal quality is good enough for the XENA card to lock on to.

What I recommend is that you contact AJA's support staff with a few more details of the setup you have and what you have already tried.

1) What is the resolution and framerate you are using.
2) What is the exact deck you are using
3) What program are you using the capture using the XENA card? Machina? Premiere Pro?

With these details, email your issue to support@aja.com and they should be able to help you better.

Thad Huston
AJA

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > AJA Io and Ki Pro