KI Pro Mini - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > AJA Io and Ki Pro

AJA Io and Ki Pro
...plus others from the AJA product line.

Old November 30th, 2010, 03:43 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Field power for Ki Pro Mini

Curious if this will be sufficient to power the Ki Pro Mini from an EX1.

BP-EX1 /BPEX1 Sony PMW-EX1 BPU Battery Adaptor

It states it provides 72w which I imagine is enough juice. I am just trying to avoid having to buy into a new system of batteries (AB or V-backs) since I already have invested a bunch in the Sony BP series.

While I am at it anyone have any info on expected availability? Seems that the trail has gone a bit cold on that front.

Thanks in advance.
Old November 30th, 2010, 05:22 PM   #17
AJA

David E. - The battery adapter you noted - along with an appropriate adapter cable - would appear as though it would be suitable. The specs say it has a 12 volt output via Hirose or D-tap, so you'd need an adapter cable to go from this to the 4-pin XLR connector on the Ki Pro Mini.

We currently don't have an official ship date, but imagine it should be relatively soon.

Hope this is helpful,
Jon Thorn
Product Manager
AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Jon Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2010, 06:19 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Thank you, Jon. I actually spoke to someone at Aja today in sales who gave me a time frame on shipping. I won't re-state it here out of respect for you, but I will say, if it is accurate, I am happy with the info.
Old December 18th, 2010, 07:48 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Use Velcro for mounting

I use heavy duty velcro strips to mount my wireless receivers to my batteries. It adds very little weight to your gear and it's a very effective and inexpensive solution to mount anything to your camera. I don't know how heavy the Ki Pro Mini is but I know of a couple of cameramen who use velcro on their Convergent recorders.

Last edited by Peter Mykusz; December 18th, 2010 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Clarification
Peter Mykusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2010, 08:10 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Does anyone know what dealer has the mini in stock. I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Dano
Dano Motley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2010, 04:57 PM   #21
Inner Circle

Dano it is not on the market yet. Dealers were told Nov but still nothing and no time frame is being given form AJA Video Systems. But Jon is on this thread so he might have a time frame at this point.
Old December 20th, 2010, 05:37 PM   #22
Regular Crew

i have heard from others on the net that it is far from being ready..sort of vapor hardware at this point. speaking for myself only, i have been to a few new york video shows where the unit was not shown at all. the people working the aja booth had no idea where the product was. one gentleman told me he was promised it would be ready for the show and just got a call the day of and the people in charge told him soon....this was november.......go figure?

Dano
Old December 20th, 2010, 05:43 PM   #23
Inner Circle

Dano it looks like an exciting product and one that I have on pre-ordered with Abel in NYC.

If I ran my business that way I would be out of business.

Who knows maybe Convergent Designs will come out with a 10 bit recorder. I own the Nano and love it, but I am very interested to see the 10bit difference as are a few of my clients.
Old December 20th, 2010, 06:29 PM   #24
AJA

Dano M. and Paul C. - The Ki Pro Mini is not yet shipping. We have demoed operational prototype units at a few select events recently including InterBEE in Japan.

With any of the products that AJA produces, we make our best effort to release the products when we feel they are ready to meet customer expectations. Sometimes, during our QA process, we see a need to refine certain aspects of the product's operation and this can result in shipping delays; we are sincerely sorry for such delays as we realize they may inconvenience our resellers and customers, but ultimately we have our resellers' and end users' best interests at heart.

Regards,
Jon Thorn
Product Manager
AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Old December 20th, 2010, 06:42 PM   #25
Regular Crew

John is it possible to see the unit here in the United States?

Dano
Old December 20th, 2010, 06:53 PM   #26
AJA

Dano M. - There likely is an opportunity to see a Ki Pro Mini unit at an event in the near future. I will need to check with other staff members to see which events AJA may be attending soon.

Regards,
Jon Thorn
Product Manager
AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Old December 21st, 2010, 06:32 AM   #27
Inner Circle

Understand Jon that prototypes have delays. I have designed and built prototypes for 30 years. But I don't offer a delivery date until I have solved the problems. That is my reason for writing what I did, I could not get away with that with my customers. And it was not all directed at AJA, it is a industry problem.

If and when you have a delivery date it would be nice to know here so we can plan.
Old December 21st, 2010, 08:11 AM   #28
AJA

Paul C. - Your comments are duly noted. I will provide an update on the shipping status of Ki Pro Mini when I am able.

Regards,
Jon Thorn
Product Manager
AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Old December 21st, 2010, 08:36 AM   #29
Inner Circle

Thank you Jon,

We appreciate that you are on the forum and answering questions. I look forward to using the Ki Pro Mini.
Old December 23rd, 2010, 12:46 PM   #30
Regular Crew

I'd like to use the Ki Pro Mini with my EX1 and was wondering if this battery would work with the unit - with a 'D' Tap to 4 pin adapter, of course.

S-8U62 Li-ion battery for Sony Ex1& Ex3
Kenn Christenson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > AJA Io and Ki Pro