Recording Colour Bars at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > AJA Io and Ki Pro

AJA Io and Ki Pro
...plus others from the AJA product line.

Old August 27th, 2011, 10:00 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Recording Colour Bars

Hi Guys,

I don't have access to a camera over the weekend and wanted to do some testing using my Ki Pro to generate colour bars. I piped that signal into a Black Magic HDLink Etreme 3D and then sent the signal back to the Ki Pro Mini to do a test recording.

My status screen says I am outputting 1080psf SDI and inputting 1080psf SDI. However when I hit record on the Ki pro the record light blinks red once then the blue stop light comes back on. Nothing is recorded. TC never advances.

Any reason why I wouldn't be able to record the colour bars on the output SDI?

Thanks,

-John
John Reeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2011, 10:09 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Recording Colour Bars

well i did a factory reset. and reconfigured everything from scratch. It looks like its working now. will keep an eye on it.
John Reeve is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > AJA Io and Ki Pro