IO + FCP 6.x.x + Snow Leopard ≠ Capture at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > AJA Io and Ki Pro
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

AJA Io and Ki Pro
...plus others from the AJA product line.

Old December 6th, 2011, 08:55 PM   #1
Regular Crew

IO + FCP 6.x.x + Snow Leopard ≠ Capture

Running the combination listed in a 2010 Mac Pro. All worked fine til one day the all AJA capture or view output settings are missing. Tried reinstalling the latest AJA driver 3.1.4 (I believe) and worked for a day or two, then poof, gone again. Computer's at a place I work once or twice a week so I have little time to dig deep to troubleshoot. Last time re-installing the drivers, seemed to not even take after restart. Trying to find source for a Lion upgrade on thumbdrive that the company can purchase, hoping that might eliminate the problem.

But until then does anyone have any thoughts on how to get this system back up and capturing.

Thanks
Paul E. Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2011, 10:44 PM   #2
AJA

Re: IO + FCP 6.x.x + Snow Leopard ≠ Capture

Paul C. - I would suggest contacting AJA Technical Support via phone or email for assistance; they can walk you through the appropriate OS, Final Cut Pro and AJA Io software combination. AJA Technical Support is provided free of charge and they will be happy to help. You can also learn about the driver versions for the SD-only Io operating under the Snow Leopard OS version at the AJA website as well:
Io - AJA Video Systems

Just to be clear, the AJA SD-only Io products are end-of-life and not supported under the Lion OS version; Snow Leopard is the last OS version that driver support is provided.

Hope this is helpful,
Jon Thorn
Senior Product Manager
AJA Video Systems, Inc.
Jon Thorn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > AJA Io and Ki Pro