Mounting a Wireless - How do you do it at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old May 23rd, 2003, 10:38 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Mounting a Wireless - How do you do it

well, im just curious...

for the life of me i cant see where these things can be mounted on these new fndangled cameras......

at the moment, im actually strapping my wrist and clipping the Sennheiser onto that, then switching my camnas as needed while the receiver stays put, i just change the plugs depenging on the cam...

I also have a mono extension lead so if im running around alot, i can clip it to my belt and have the cord running to the cam.
But this of course only gives me a left channel input as opposed to the dual mono of the original Sennheiser lead.

How do you mount your receiver on your particualr cam?
jsut curious as i find there is next to no room on the cam to actually fit it there...

It would be interesting to see how people set theirs up :)
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2003, 12:09 AM   #2
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

What camera are you using, Peter?

It's a challenge for cameras like the GL2 and PD150. I know that Rob Wilson and at least one other fellow are developing brackets specifically with this goal in mind. When I use wireless with my GL2 I generally clip the receiver to my belt or, on mounted shots, I strap it to the tripod. With the XL1s the problem is solved by the back plate provided by the MA-100 and MA-200.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2003, 12:20 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Thanx for the response Ken,
at the moment im using a couple of MX500's and in the process of gettin a DVX 100...

on a tripod, i also mount the receiever to a clip on the legs , but using the manfroto 501 head (with the long neck) i actualy use this piece as a shoulder mount stabiliser (the arm of the tripod sits on my shoulder, and the long base goes to my flagbelt.) Saves having to have my arms up all the time and its all i can do in the meantime while i wait for a proper shouldder mount.
But in doin that, i can only mount teh receiver on my arm (with a velcro strap...)

i was just curious as to how everyone did it.. thought it would be interesting to learn how other people work...
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2003, 05:44 AM   #4
Inner Circle

I use a 150 and an Azden500U receiver. At first I used a pouch clipped to my belt with a 4 ft. cable, but when I set the camera down I had this umbilical cord so now I use VELCRO on the receiver and on the battery. I use Lenmar 15 hour batteries and they stick out from the back of the camera about an inch, so I velcro the receiver to that. I can't use the VF but for wedding receptions which is the majority of my work, I use the LCD any way. This of course assumes that I am handholding the camera. On tripod,monopod or shoulder brace I have velcro on areas of the support to attach to.
Hope this helps,
Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2003, 05:50 AM   #5
Trustee

I use a Mini Rover by Mighty Wondercam. I can mount my shotgun and my wireless.It also allows me to have a firm shake free grip on the camera.

http://www.videosmith.com/
Bryan Beasleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2003, 05:53 AM   #6
Capt. Quirk

I have done it two ways- Mount it to the accessory shoe, or not mount it to anything, just run it into my hard disk recorder and set it in a corner somewhere out of the way. The second method worked best. I have a GL1, had an XL1s, and use an Azden wr22 setup.
K. Forman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2003, 06:24 PM   #7
Major Player

I've just been mounting my receiver to the hand grip patch. If I'm using a wireless then there's a 99% chance that I'm also using a tripod. I don't put it on the tripod because if I need to move the tripod a big distance then I take the camera off and I don't want the receiver dangling from the tripod.

Next year I want to look into some type custom holders for this because using the hand grip is just a temp solution that works for now.

Ben Lynn
Ben Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2003, 10:37 PM   #8

http://shop.barbizon.com/olc2/showpr...4&product=1248

Works every time for me!

- don
CREATE and NETWORK with http://www.bosfcpug.org
and also http://fcpugnetwork.org
Don Berube is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio