Alright, I give. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old August 27th, 2007, 02:15 PM   #1
Major Player

Alright, I give.

Used the Sony WCS-999 for the first time. The audio is -generally- good but there's too much "static" (I don't know if it's static, the microphone brushing against clothing, or the fact that my subject believes in "projecting for the stage" and blew out my audio levels.

At any rate, I'm moving to a wired-system for any lav work I do if I can, and if I can't, I'm looking for a better wireless system.

I tried to go cheap, now it's time to go good. (Will still use the WCS-999 as a backup system.)
Brian Boyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2007, 07:59 PM   #2
Tourist

I bought this mic, and i am about already to take it back. Listening to the "monitor" jack, i hear a constant hiss. Almost just thermal noise from a linear amplifier IC. On channel, off channel, audio or no audio, its a constant hiss. It seems like it isnt even RF related.

Are you having a similar experience with this mic?
Casey Halverson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio