DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   All Things Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/)
-   -   Ew 100 g2 problem (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/104207-ew-100-g2-problem.html)

James Brill September 23rd, 2007 12:07 PM

Ew 100 g2 problem

My buddy let me borrow his lav for a project I am about to do in 6 hours and when I turned on the kit the rf signal meter was at it's limits. I thought my ears were gonna bleed since I had my earphones on and the lav was connected to the camera. I reset everything and then did the tutorial on dvgear but my problem lies elsewhere apparently. The rf signal is only maxed out when the transmitter is on and I have been across the room from the receiver with the transmitter in my hand and its still maxed out. I am scared it might be a broken antenna but they don't seem that bad. Anyone know whats going on here?

Brooks Harrington September 23rd, 2007 12:12 PM

Which is 'maxed' out, the transmitter, or the receiver? or the camera?
Have you tried reducing the sensitivity in the menu?
have you scanned with the receiver for an open fequency before turning on and resetting the transmitter?

James Brill September 23rd, 2007 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooks Harrington (Post 748819)
Which is 'maxed' out, the transmitter, or the receiver? or the camera?
Have you tried reducing the sensitivity in the menu?
have you scanned with the receiver for an open fequency before turning on and resetting the transmitter?

The receiver and the camera.

the sensitivity is at -10db

I have scanned for channels with the transmitter off and when I set them both to the new channel the screeching is back.

Brooks Harrington September 23rd, 2007 01:07 PM

Try setting the receiver for -30. Mic level in on camera I believe.
Try turning the Pilot on both TX and RX.
What are you meaning by screeching??? Feedback from headphones back into lav? or just too hot of a level??

Ty Ford September 23rd, 2007 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Brill (Post 748817)
My buddy let me borrow his lav for a project I am about to do in 6 hours and when I turned on the kit the rf signal meter was at it's limits. I thought my ears were gonna bleed since I had my earphones on and the lav was connected to the camera. I reset everything and then did the tutorial on dvgear but my problem lies elsewhere apparently. The rf signal is only maxed out when the transmitter is on and I have been across the room from the receiver with the transmitter in my hand and its still maxed out. I am scared it might be a broken antenna but they don't seem that bad. Anyone know whats going on here?

My guess: you're feeding the camera with too hot a level from the receiver. RF level has nothing todo with it.

Regards,

Ty Ford

James Brill September 23rd, 2007 02:29 PM

It is at -30 and is working now. thanks guys

Brooks Harrington September 23rd, 2007 02:31 PM

Ya, that's right... RF signal should be all the way up when close in like you probably are for testing.
Sometimes the obvious is right there.......

James Brill September 23rd, 2007 03:44 PM

ya I was stressed and I jumped to conclusions