Where Did You Buy Your Sennheiser ME66?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old June 4th, 2003, 06:43 PM   #1
Major Player

Where Did You Buy Your Sennheiser ME66??

I can almost predict "B & H" as the main answer, but being a NY resident I'd like to know if there are other quality dealers elsewhere, if you catch my drift. I can't seem to find many answers searching online, aside from a somewhat curious case & kit offer from saferseas.com. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Barry Rivadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2003, 07:10 PM   #2
Air China Pilot

I bought mine from ZGC. I'm in Vancouver. When I ordered it, I got the fasted shipping of almost any item I've ever ordered from the U.S. I believe they're in New Jersey.
Old June 4th, 2003, 07:54 PM   #3
Wrangler

B&H

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | The best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Robert Knecht Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2003, 07:58 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I bought my Canon GL2 from Zotz Digital in Oregon (I think that is where they are.) They were very professional and had much more personal service than B&H. The camera was $10 more and it was worth it for the service and advice. They do carry the ME66.
Joe Sacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2003, 08:10 PM   #5
Major Player

Got mine from ZGC. I think they are still offering that free foam sock for the ME66.
Old June 4th, 2003, 08:34 PM   #6
Major Player

Thanks; I checked ZGC but their website was last updated in April, and the now-defunct free windfoam offer is still hanging there (the offer ended May 15th, so I don't know what's going on with that). Too bad, since it's the kind of website deal I'm looking for.
Old June 4th, 2003, 09:24 PM   #7
Trustee

I got mine from Zotz Digital and I'm all the way over here in New Zealand. ;) Brian was really helpful answering all the questions I had and it arrived in perfect condition, well packed and at a good price.

Aaron
Aaron Koolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2003, 10:17 PM   #8
Major Player

You can't go wrong with Zotz Digital. Give them a call, their service is excellent. On top of that they are one of the sponsers for this site. I have never purchased from ZGC before but based on a number of email correspondence they are very professional, courteous, and also willing to help out. They're also sponsers. Give either a try.
Christopher Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2003, 01:45 AM   #9
Major Player

Got mine from ZGC about 2 weeks ago. It came with the velour foam sock for free.Great service!
Matt Stahley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2003, 07:16 AM   #10
Major Player

Ahhh, so they are still with us. Good.
Old June 5th, 2003, 07:27 AM   #11
Major Player

Don't be fooled by ZGC's web updating. They are pretty specific with what they have on their web site (they can get things not listed though), and prices in this industry don't fluctuate too often so there's little need to constantly update the site.

Yeah the windsock deal is still up because it's still in effect, I got mine a week ago as well. :)
Old June 5th, 2003, 10:13 AM   #12
Major Player

I just got an E-mail from there about the ongoing windscreen deal (good "for another week or so"), so I guess I'll go with them. Thanks again, everyone. All excellent suggestions.
Old June 6th, 2003, 08:24 AM   #13
Major Player

Just got an ME66 from ZOTZ along with a bunch of other stuff. It was $375, came with the foam wind sock, and free shipping. It was a big order & he cut me a deal so I'm not sure if the shipping & wind sock are always included.

Great to do business with a real person.

Thanks Brian
Chris Korrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2003, 10:34 AM   #14
Major Player

Heh all these ME66 purchases... I'm trying to lower the hiss with mine. I'm using a Canare XLR-RCA cable instead of paying a few hundred for an MA-X00... maybe that was a mistake?
Old June 6th, 2003, 08:17 PM   #15
Major Player

Wow, ordered the ME66 from ZGC yesterday and within 24 hours it was at my door--with the windscreen too. Thanks, ZGC. :)
Barry Rivadue is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio